BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Automatic gearbox advice..

More
23 May 2020 06:58 #222710 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Automatic gearbox advice..

zukebob wrote: The auto should be at about 3000 RPM for 60 mph and 3400 RPM for 70 mph. Not being entirely stock I had to go back and check my original numbers in the Grim Jeeper website. The manuals are a bit lower geared and the numbers he gave are about right for the manual.

Output shaft speed sensor?

Not sure if your 188700 is the same code

Sorry Zukebob, I didn't see your reply as I was off Googling.

Whilst I have no experience with the auto Jimny, these figures seem a little low.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 07:24 #222713 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Automatic gearbox advice..
No problem Kirkynut. To be honest, I was hoping that Lambert would come back around to the thread. I think he has an auto that is stock and could confirm RPMs. I was always a little shocked at the difference myself.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
23 May 2020 07:32 #222715 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Automatic gearbox advice..

zukebob wrote: No problem Kirkynut. To be honest, I was hoping that Lambert would come back around to the thread. I think he has an auto that is stock and could confirm RPMs. I was always a little shocked at the difference myself.

He's never far away! He's probably out in a field!

Lambert! Where are you dear Sir?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 May 2020 08:55 #222721 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Automatic gearbox advice..
Whatcha. No it's not happy .70 in top is about 3400 ish from memory and 60 is just over 3000. That said I don't daily the spare Jimny and it's been a while since I drove it at speed but it's a much calmer time than the manual in Dreadnaught.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Jcg1694
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 10:19 #222723 by Jcg1694
Replied by Jcg1694 on topic Automatic gearbox advice..
Morning guys. Gonna see if i can locate the transmission speed sensor and give it a clean and more than likely replace anyway, thanks for all the replies and advice! Planning on roadtripping in the jimny when all this lockdown is over with so needs to be tip top!

More
23 May 2020 15:34 #222745 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Automatic gearbox advice..
In the pictures you can see the rpms at about 100kmh so about 62mph of my 2015 automatic.

In 3rd gear they are 4800rpm and in 4th 3000rpm. I drove about 105kmh because the odometer shows a little too much.
Attachments:

• Jcg1694
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 15:42 #222747 by Jcg1694
Thanks mate, will replace the sensor and see how that goes!

• Andyhereford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 16:13 #222749 by Andyhereford
Replied by Andyhereford on topic Automatic gearbox advice..
Just to confirm above. 2004 automatic. About 3000 rpm at 60 - 65. The “ warm up suggestion” a bit of a red herring. Only takes about five minutes driving on a cold day to get the engine / gear box up to the correct operating temperature. Your idea of a faulty sensor seems correct.

• Jcg1694
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 17:54 #222754 by Jcg1694
Fingers crossed mate, will give it a quick clean tomorrow see if that helps and then if not ill get one ordered

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds