BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Breaking the law....

More
09 May 2020 13:44 - 09 May 2020 13:45 #222057 by mlines
Breaking the law.... was created by mlines
Please note that driving past BigJimny Towers (twice because the end of the road is closed), when the team is on the drive and the Jimnys are parked out on the road, in your Grello Gen4 without tooting, waving or even stopping for a socially distant "Hi" is against the law.

Its not as if we could have missed spotting a Jimny in Grello.....

;) :)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 09 May 2020 13:45 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 May 2020 17:49 #222068 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Breaking the law....
Some people are just rude! There's 3 Jimny within 300 yards of my house and even attempting to initiate conversation has never got me beyond a cursory hello so far. And I will talk to anyone about anything!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 May 2020 18:57 #222073 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Breaking the law....
I might pop by one day just to say Hi when I'm heading down the M4 to Wales or back and fancy a little detour!

I'd call ahead to make sure that the kettle wasn't faulty though!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
09 May 2020 19:02 #222076 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Breaking the law....
Just no manners some people!

• Keirravn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2020 06:28 #222088 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Re:Breaking the law....
Struggle to get a wave from jimny drivers! Never a problem in my old Clio sport, Leon cupra r, Impreza, any unique ISH vehicle.

I even parked next to one outside Halfords a few weeks back. Then saw the other owner approach and get in his jim without even glancing at mine. Brutal.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

More
11 May 2020 22:11 #222153 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:Breaking the law....
My record is passing three G4 Jimny's in one day - only got one wave. However I often get folk approaching me in car parks for a chat about the reality of ownership and the rarity aspect. Most of these unsolicited conversations range from very interesting to boring/benign. However there are a number of extremely lonely people out there, in supermarket carparks, with an very unhealthy interest in the minutiae of Jimny technical specifications - be sure to have your excuses ready and beat a hasty retreat.

More
12 May 2020 11:42 #222162 by RumbleAndSway
Lost count of the number of people who ask about the Jimny. In town, petrol stations, supermarket carparks.
That said, Defender owners a bit sniffy on shoots.

In my part of the world every Jimny Owner smiles and waves.

My other car, a thing of power and beauty, not once, EVER!

More
15 Mar 2021 13:59 #233745 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Breaking the law....
Gave way to a yellow one on a roundabout in town on Saturday.

Waved.

No acknowledgement - nothing.

More
15 Mar 2021 15:13 #233747 by Roger Fairclough
Had the Gen.4 for 12 months now and saw another one ( Silver ) parked in Kidderminster hospital last thursday. Got a wave.

Roger

More
15 Mar 2021 16:08 #233748 by Barry silver SZ5
In 17 months and towards 6000 miles in my gen 4 saw a similar car driving on roads for first time , 2 days ago. We both definitely waved. At top of zig zag hill leaving Shaftesbury Dorset. Most motorbikers throughout Europe acknowledge each other so surprised anyone with the rare new model aren’t pleased to see another.

More
16 Mar 2021 14:00 #233767 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Breaking the law....
Whilst I was changing the Kingpin bearings at the weekend the bloke next door enquired if there was any major problems, no I said. Good he said because after 18 months of asking his twenty something daughter still wants to buy it, rather than her nice looking newish Fiat 500.

My other car (Porsche Boxster) never gets asked about from anyone, perhaps when I have had the Jimny as long as my Porsche (since 2007), they will stop asking about it?

A large truck let me out on to the main road in the Jimny, this morning, pulled over in to the outside lane and blocked the faster traffic, I can tell you they never do that in the Porsche.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds