BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Help

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2020 20:02 #221143 by Tonka2002
Help was created by Tonka2002
Hi guys can anyone help iv got a 2002 Jimmy the n/s rear wheel bearing had collapsed iv change bearing ect n put back together but now the wheel feels like the hand break is stuck on as wheel is very stiff to turn iv checked shoes n hand brake and all is fine any ideas? I jacked the rear up and only one wheel turns should they both turn?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2020 20:59 #221144 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Help
Perhaps the shoe adjuster with the stepped end has been fitted the wrong way around?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2020 22:10 #221146 by Tonka2002
Replied by Tonka2002 on topic Re:Help
If the shoe adjuster is fitted wrong way round would that not make getting drum hard to get back on over the shoes plus the handbrake seems to work ok when you pull handle

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2020 04:30 #221149 by Jimx5
Replied by Jimx5 on topic Re:Help
Check your shoes are sitting in the slave piston slots correctly.
Easily done if slots are not sitting vertically or have moved slightly on reassembly.

More
17 Apr 2020 07:34 #221151 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Help

Tonka2002 wrote: If the shoe adjuster is fitted wrong way round would that not make getting drum hard to get back on over the shoes plus the handbrake seems to work ok when you pull handle

Speaking from experience, I managed to do it :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2020 09:24 #221155 by Tonka2002
Replied by Tonka2002 on topic Re:Re:Help
It all turns ok until you tighten the wheel spacer bolts then goes very stiff I definitely put the bearing on correct with spacer part to the outside so cant be that I'll have to have an other look at the adjuster arm end never had this problem last time

More
18 Apr 2020 05:39 #221184 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Re:Re:Help
Too long spacer bolts? Tried without spacers?

Try to remove parts or interchange with other side to isolate the problem.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2020 12:17 #221199 by Tonka2002
It's not the spacer they have been on the truck for 6plus year now never had a problem with them befor and I have already tryed without spacer same thing happens

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2020 16:15 #221210 by Tonka2002
Right guys iv check the shoes n springs n arms ect they all in the correct places I then fitted the drum back on all was good turns freely then as soon as you tighten the wheel spacer nuts or the wheel it becomes very stiff to turn that stiff I had to stand on it to move it round could this be trans box or axle related? I'm now going to pull shaft out again n check iv not put bearing on wrong

• Tonka2002
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2020 18:04 #221222 by Tonka2002
Me again lol pulled shaft out and the shaft is turning inside the bearing race which I didn't noticed when putting bearing on so driving 20 miles at 30 with a collapsed wheel bearing worn the shaft grrrrr

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds