BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2007 stuck in 4wd

More
04 Apr 2020 15:47 #220684 by me101
2007 stuck in 4wd was created by me101
Hi, just need pointing in the right direction please. Little Jim is stuck in 4wd, with the green dash light flashing.Tried reversing but done nothing. Currently on axle stands, done a visual check on the pipes and they seem fine. Just ordered an E10 Torx so I can take the cover off. I have unplugged the connectors on the transfer box and cleaned them. I thought I had seen a post somewhere about bridging something on the 4wd controller to fool the transfer box into 2wd again?
Cheers

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2020 19:56 #220703 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic 2007 stuck in 4wd
Couple of things you can try:

1. Give the solenoid on the transfer box a good clunk with a hammer.

2. Short out the vacuum switch leads (white ones) underneath the front of the battery tray

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
04 Apr 2020 20:08 #220704 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic 2007 stuck in 4wd
Thanks, will try in the morning. Cheers

More
05 Apr 2020 10:29 #220711 by me101
Morning,
unfortunately they were both a no go.
Cheers

More
07 Apr 2020 13:04 #220776 by me101
Need some new suggestions, have removed part of transfer box and manually put the box into 2wd. Still got the flashing light, and now stuck in 2wd. Have pulled the vac pipes off under car and joined them, no difference. Thanks.

More
07 Apr 2020 13:46 #220778 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic 2007 stuck in 4wd
Re-read Mlines post, you don't join the vacuum pipes...... The vacuum pressure sensor is below the battery on the inner wing, all the vacuum pipes go to it. It has a white plastic two pin plug, remove the plug, bridge the two wires in the plug with a loop of wire, tape in place.

That gives the "Vacuum Present" signal to the transfer box.....

sniper

More
07 Apr 2020 15:25 #220782 by me101
Tried that sniper (I think). Update though - I can manually put it into 2wd, and when no light. I press the 4wd button, it goes into 4wd and the light flashes. But, it won't go back into 2wd. I have changed the part that moves the selector on the transfer case, I have bridged the white block under battery (both sides just in case!) and I have blocked up the vac pipes (hopefully in the right place).

Attachments:

More
12 Apr 2020 05:34 #220974 by me101
UPDATE - got in from work yesterday and had an hour messing about on it. Good news is, managed to get it all working again (although front hub vac disconnected so need manual hubs). Decided to have a fresh look, and start again with the advice given, so not sure what actually fixed it! However, I had been taking this bit off (in the pic) the transfer case to keep manually putting it back into 2wd, and as it was on and off, I didn't keep fitting the seal. But, with everything working I went to remove it once more so I could fit the seal. This time it was a bit tight, and the gear came out with it along with oil over me. Now, I only have 2wd, no 4wd, or light, flashing or otherwise! Does the gear need to be fitted in a very precise location?
Thanks,

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds