BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Snorkel template!

More
28 Mar 2020 12:23 #220358 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Snorkel template!
Hi Riccy,
Don't suppose you would consider posting the template to me, I will cover the postage cost?

I don't want a snorkel on my Jimny, but as I could have a go at turning it into a printable PDF and put it in the wiki for those that do. Sort of like a print at home template on A4 and sellotape together if it works.
No problem if you don't want to venture out or just don't want to, and I am in no rush if you do.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
28 Mar 2020 16:23 #220359 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Snorkel template!
Hi Mike,

yes of course, PM me your address and I will get it sent Monday (not like ive a lot else to do atm).

You are in a good position to try the template against your original wing to see where it goes.

Riccy

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
28 Mar 2020 16:30 #220360 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Snorkel template!
Thanks Riccy,
It gives me something to do also!
Hopefully in the future if needed it can be downloaded.
I'll send you a PM.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
28 Mar 2020 21:59 #220384 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Snorkel template!
Made my own template today and it was partly successful. My snorkel is mounted, but I guess it should have been a cm or so more fwd.
No problem with the bolts but where to start with the big hole was a bit hit and miss.
Drilled the bolt holes from my own template in one go and they all fit but had to expand them all fwd after drilling.

So a template or at least some measurements for the center of the big hole would help greatly.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
28 Mar 2020 22:03 #220385 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Snorkel template!
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationOne of these is your friend when fitting a snorkel

More
29 Mar 2020 10:09 - 29 Mar 2020 10:13 #220396 by yakuza
I got one of these:

drill bithttps://productimages.biltema.com/v1/Image/article/xxlarge/20542/2

also a reciprocating saw and a step drill:
great drill for sheet steel

Sadly i can't blame the tools for the bad measurments and lack of a template. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2020 10:13 by yakuza.

• Keirravn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Apr 2020 07:25 #220616 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Re:Snorkel template!
Great timing for this thread, I'm just about to fit one without a template myself!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

• Keirravn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Apr 2020 18:27 #220646 by Keirravn
Replied by Keirravn on topic Re:Snorkel template!
Got mines on with a homemade template. Not as bad as I thought it might be - didn't take long in the end

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

More
03 Apr 2020 20:08 - 03 Apr 2020 20:14 #220657 by yakuza
By the way, Riccys template on page one will not do for a TJM airtec snorkel, it is a different bolt pattern. Mine had 6 pcs 10-12mm holes for M8 bolts and 81mm big hole.

Last edit: 03 Apr 2020 20:14 by yakuza.

More
04 Apr 2020 10:54 - 04 Apr 2020 10:54 #220674 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Snorkel template!
Don't know if these help....

Bodyshop has done it, I can't give any advice I'm afraid.....

sniper
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 10:54 by sniper.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds