BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

LED Headlights

More
17 Feb 2020 21:44 #218676 by 300bhpton
LED Headlights was created by 300bhpton
Anyone else get flashed for your headlights being too high/bright?

The LED units have no driver/user adjustment. It is all automatically done. I’m assuming mine is setup correctly from the factory. But have had quite a few people flash at me so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2020 21:53 #218679 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:LED Headlights
They can be manually aligned if too high

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
17 Feb 2020 22:10 - 17 Feb 2020 22:10 #218681 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:LED Headlights
I had the same problem I had them adjust them when it went for it's 2000 mile checkup.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2020 22:10 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 300bhpton

More
18 Feb 2020 10:11 #218695 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic LED Headlights
I get flashed all the time. But I got flashed in my old car with LED headlights even though they were correctly adjusted. I'm just assuming a lot of them are like my grumpy father "Bloody idiot with his main beam on" "No dad they are the newfangled LED headlights. They didnt exist when you had your 6 volt beetle in the 60's with candle in jam jar headlights" and so forth.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• HGOWDY
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2020 13:56 - 18 Feb 2020 13:57 #218700 by HGOWDY
Replied by HGOWDY on topic LED Headlights
I was actually just on here scrolling to see if anyone had been talking about this. I got flashed at 3 times this morning coming to work and twice on Sunday due to the lights being so bright. I had assumed they would be set up correctly from the factory or at least checked at the dealers before collection.

Have you taken yours in to be checked? I'm not sure what to do, but people flashing their lights at me every morning is starting to get on my nerves!
Last edit: 18 Feb 2020 13:57 by HGOWDY.

More
18 Feb 2020 14:03 #218701 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic LED Headlights
I’ve not done anything yet. Will probably get the dealer to check them. But ask them to leave them alone if they are correct.

I can see the there is a nice stepped cutoff with the offside/drivers side lower than the passengers. The cutoff does look quite high overall, but I suspect it is right on the limit. The short wheelbase of the Jimny means the headlight beam will pitch up and down quite easily based on how uneven the road is. More so than a lower car with a longer wheelbase.

That said, I’ve run LED/HID retrofits in other vehicles for years without being flashed at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HGOWDY

More
18 Feb 2020 17:04 #218709 by Barry silver SZ5
Replied by Barry silver SZ5 on topic LED Headlights
Yes I get people flashing when headlights on dimmed. Bit embarrassing. But out in the lanes where I live they are very good for my visibility as get deer etc running in front of me. Over 2000 miles and yet to meet another new Jimny

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2020 18:50 #218715 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic LED Headlights
My SZ5 landed Nov last year, so early dark nights. I had read about this on earlier threads so I drove down some unlit side streets testing the low beam height and found a torch beam bright lit area that was at car bonnet height on various types of cars. So if people like to drive there cars like they were on a sun lounger don't whine.

More
18 Feb 2020 19:50 #218721 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic LED Headlights
i think it's mostly because the LEDs are sooooo bright most people think they must be on high beam when they're not. I usually only get flashed as I go over the brow of a hill and the drivers coming towards me have their eyes burned out!

More
18 Feb 2020 20:41 #218728 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic LED Headlights
When I had mine checked they said they were in limit, but right on the limit. So they turned them down slightly, no flashes since. I think the problem with LED is the there is no fade to the beam cut off like on halogen lights, so you are blinding or not and no in between.

More
20 Feb 2020 19:22 #218811 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic LED Headlights
I got flashed on my way home from work Sunday night.

My 43" and a 24" lightbar worked fine....doubt they'll be flashing so quickly next time.

Just have whatever headlights you have aimed properly.

More
21 Feb 2020 10:02 - 21 Feb 2020 10:02 #218828 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic LED Headlights
There are adjusters on the back of the headlight units. I made a bit of a mess trying to turn mine down, so had the dealer adjust at my first service. Now they're even higher than before! :huh:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2020 10:02 by Gadget.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds