BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

No new Jimmy's?

More
15 Feb 2020 16:22 #218535 by Dunders
Replied by Dunders on topic No new Jimmy's?
Nice- how long is the waiting list for you? As stated by Andy you could get one at RRP but dealers are often hiking the prices way above due to the demand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 16:30 #218538 by Elbourne
Replied by Elbourne on topic No new Jimmy's?
Up to a year but they said the last few have come through in 6 months, just paid the RRP so I’m pleased after reading this thread

More
15 Feb 2020 17:49 #218540 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:No new Jimmy's?
Elbourne - are you in the UK?

If so, I would definitely check exactly the situation. There has never been " orders " as such in the UK. You say you paid around list but if your Jimny is not here then you should have paid nothing at all. Dealers have been specifically told there will be no more SZ4s

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 18:43 - 15 Feb 2020 18:57 #218542 by Elbourne
Replied by Elbourne on topic Re:No new Jimmy's?
Yes I’m in the UK, paid a deposit (so now owe the remainder of RRP price plus extras) and I’ve got the order form confirmation for a SZ4, with optional extras of a towbar and a honeycombe grille, they have been receiving SZ4s before mine in around 6-12 months.

Also what about the thread under this section “another Gen4 noob”, he’s just got his SZ4?
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 18:57 by Elbourne.

More
15 Feb 2020 19:06 #218543 by mlines
Yes, people may get SZ4s this quarter as there will be some in the sales chain. However the clear statement was that there are no more coming with immediate effect.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 19:09 #218544 by Elbourne
Well they’ve taken my order so I don’t know

More
15 Feb 2020 19:13 #218545 by mlines
Seriously, I hope it works out for you but I really would check. A message was circulated from Suzuki on 30/1 that included the sentence

"From Quarter 2 onwards there is a further extremely limited quantity available for the remainder of 2020, covering SZ5 manual and auto variants only"

Because the SZ4 is less popular they have certainly been slower movers with some people getting them within a week of asking so if there is one in the UK then it could happen very quickly

Martin

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 19:18 - 15 Feb 2020 19:28 #218546 by Elbourne
Thanks, I did query it as I’m in the trade and had heard such things about the new Jimnys but he insisted it was ok to order so I did.

That paragraph refers to SZ5s?
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 19:28 by Elbourne.

More
15 Feb 2020 19:37 - 15 Feb 2020 19:38 #218549 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:No new Jimmy's?
I'm surprised the SZ4 isn't the most popular- it is miles cheaper and no-one really needs the extras at the price Suzuki charge for an SZ5.

I have an SZ5 because I wanted an auto. If there were SZ4 auto's (or even SZ3 or SZ2 :) ) I'd have had one in a flash and saved the money.

Gangsta windows, alloy wheels, climate, expensive LED lights and a plastic box in the boot are not worth £2500 IMHO.

I suspect they are selling to a different market than 4x4 drivers.;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 15 Feb 2020 19:38 by facade.

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 19:40 #218550 by Elbourne
Exactly what I thought

More
15 Feb 2020 19:48 #218551 by mlines
I would possibly agree if it was not for people buying the parts to bring their SZ4s up to a higher spec. Heated mirrors, roof trims, privacy glasss etc.

I have seen much discussion about the heated seats and audio system as well. Its easy to spend that £2,500

Martin

More
15 Feb 2020 19:58 #218552 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic No new Jimmy's?
I can't say for supply. But The SZ5 really isn't that much more and the extras it has are worth it big time as a daily driver to me. The headlights are, for want of a better word, phenomenal!

I can't recall all the differences, but heated seats, mirrors, cruise, climate, Apple Car Play, in-built nav are exactly the sort of things I want in a modern 4x4.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds