BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN 4 Jimny Engine alternatives?

More
08 Feb 2020 12:46 #218170 by Micheal
Folks, this is just a speculative enquiry but given the less than enthusiastic reactions to the engine in the Jimny (high emmissions, underpowered etc) are there any better Suzuki (or other) engines that could be easily installed? I remember the nice engine I had in my Grand Vitara V6, that would make a difference! Pity the Vitara body dissolved, the engine would still be going well I'm sure
Thanks
Micheal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2020 21:27 #218186 by Scimike
I guess it's possible to fit anything you desire, to back this statement have a look at Project Binky if you have not done so already. Now on episode 27 and they made it fit. More space in a Jimny than a mini and it's permanent 4 wheel drive!

Re specifically the G4, at the moment the best guide would be what has been installed in the G3, the engine /gearbox connection is likely to be the same given Suzuki's love of the parts bin for new models.

However given that the IC emissions and performance have driven the Jimny's early demise should we be asking if we can fit an electric motor?
Have already seen systems to convert my 2CV, some have already done so, it looks promising, so is this the route?
If you wanted an electric 4x4 the Jimny makes more sense as a base than a Defenders etc due to its light weight. Just thinking to the future.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
08 Feb 2020 22:21 #218188 by Soeley

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2020 23:03 #218191 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic GEN 4 Jimny Engine alternatives?
Me to ;)

More
09 Feb 2020 02:25 - 09 Feb 2020 02:40 #218192 by Fossie
Off topic a bit , but from time to time I see this chap with an orange 1970's But on a later plate or private plate !!! :ohmy: mini clubman 1275 all original , but it stands a touch taller and has 4x4 on the boot ....it sits on a Jimny chassis B) Obviously the Jimny chassis results in th later reg.
So well done and understated .
Had a brief word at set of traffic lights once apparently there was some stretching bits etc ..... Proper designed in the pub built in a shed.;)

images.app.goo.gl/s6vHhbqcnjKVnjjf6 very much like this . Though this is a NI / private plate
Last edit: 09 Feb 2020 02:40 by Fossie. Reason: Found a link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds