BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Fjallasport 35" Jimny gen4 Iceland

More
05 Feb 2020 06:42 #218065 by yakuza
Fjallasport Iceland released this picture on Facebook:

Jimny 35"

I just love the Icelandic look.

Picture source:
www.facebook.com/fjallasport/

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2020 06:46 #218066 by yakuza
They also got flares for the gen3 and even though they cost 1000€ I still consider them cause they sure look good..
www.fjallasport.is/product/suzuki-jimny-31-32/

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Feb 2020 07:03 #218067 by Lambert
Ooh a Jimny on 35s, I'm in love! I wonder if I could sell that as a legitimate farm friendly modification?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Feb 2020 07:11 #218068 by yakuza

Lambert wrote: Ooh a Jimny on 35s, I'm in love! I wonder if I could sell that as a legitimate farm friendly modification?

The tires wouldn't damage the fields as much.
Actually there are trails/roads on Iceland with a 35" tire minimum limit.

More
05 Feb 2020 07:44 #218070 by mlines
Would be interested how the gearing was sorted

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Feb 2020 08:39 #218072 by Lambert
If I'm using grimjeeper correctly, it is just a 1.3 transfer box on a vvt gen3. Don't know how you would do it for the gen4.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Feb 2020 10:04 #218073 by mlines
Give or take a small ratio change and probably some more electronic sensors fitted, the Gen 4 transfer box is the same as the early mechanical Gen3 transfer box (they abandoned the push button selection).

That pictured Gen4 must have some changes otherwise it would be all but impossible to drive without destroying the clutch. Again, give or take minor changes, I would guess it is straight forward to put on an SJ box with reduced gearing or put in the reduction gears for a standard Jimny box (although with those tyres I would guess the chain would slip pretty quickly). Also the Gen4 diff appears to be the bastard son of a standard Jimny diff and a Grand Vitara diff so again I am sure the ratios can be changed in that as well.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
05 Feb 2020 18:02 #218079 by Riccy
Some more pics of it from their facebook...

Looks awesome and there seems to be plenty of room for the huge tyres. I suspect probably some toyota axles are hiding under there with low ratio diffs in, or at least thats how I would approach gearing it down. It seems wider, hence the axle swap suspicion

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds