BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

radio upgrades

• Rumscum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 08:33 #215409 by Rumscum
radio upgrades was created by Rumscum
i just got word my new 2019 jimmy is finally coming after a year of waiting! The only downside is I've had to settle for an SZ-4 instead of the SZ-5 which isn't a huge issue for me.
but while i wait for the delivery at the end of this month i was wondering if there were any aftermarket touch screen infotainment systems out there that i could fit to replace the radio/ cd player ?

let me know what you guys think ?

rumscum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2019 08:54 #215410 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic radio upgrades
Hi

There are a number of direct fit replacements, some even actually appear to be variants of the SZ5 unit made in the same chinese factory

www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-suzuki-jimny-gps-navigation.html

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 08:57 #215411 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic radio upgrades
There's no shortage of good touch screen units out there but the issue might be finding a facia plate. Suzuki have had a lot of Pioneer systems fitted (not so much nav) so that might be a good place to start. Give the original unit a chance, it might surprise you. Anything you fit will need integration wiring which will add to the job. If you need a video screen then you'll have to replace it.
Keep us posted. Chris

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 09:02 #215413 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic radio upgrades
Just to add,
Remember radio frequency tuning range can be region specific so check the specs carefully. Chris

More
06 Nov 2019 09:05 #215414 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:radio upgrades
Just to mention that these are direct plugin replacements on the 2019 so no extra wiring needed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Rumscum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 09:19 #215416 by Rumscum
Replied by Rumscum on topic radio upgrades
hey man its just more the sz4 doesn't come with a touch screen or nav at all just a little radio unit. I'm gonna have a look on aliexpress and see what i can find

rumscum

• Rumscum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 09:20 #215417 by Rumscum
Replied by Rumscum on topic Re:radio upgrades
nice one man ill have a gander now and see what i can find cheers . rumscum

• Teedums
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2021 20:45 #232620 by Teedums
Replied by Teedums on topic radio upgrades
Hi

To resurect this thread, new member Im looking at a SZ4 no screen but hoping I can fit one myself. Id love to find the actual screen that is used in the SZ5 does anyone have any information or know where to purchase?

Cheers guys

Tom

More
09 Feb 2021 21:48 #232622 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic radio upgrades
l would say that it will only be available from Suzuki dealers.
l don't think it will be cheap either, probably better to fit an aftermarket one.

More
04 Aug 2021 20:46 #237305 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic radio upgrades
Same boat. Anyone upgraded their S4 stereo for an aftermarket version?
After something half-decent, with Car play. 

More
04 Aug 2021 21:07 #237306 by Coco BT

More
05 Aug 2021 09:22 - 05 Aug 2021 09:31 #237318 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic radio upgrades
I've replaced the head unit on my SZ5 (process is the same for SZ4/LCV as I recently helped troubleshoot somones LCV install). With the appropriate fascia and wiring adapters, any double-DIN headunit will fit. I've got a Kenwood DMX9720XDS in mine, which includes wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay. 

To remove the current stereo, the small horizontal trim panel below the stereo comes off, just get you finger nails in behind the bottom of it and give it a tug. That exposes two screws which hold in the stereo. Unscrew those, then tug the stereo out and disconnect the wiring at the back. You'll need to unscrew the brackets from each side of the headunit in order to attach them to your new stereo.

The replacement fascia you'll need is: Connects2 CT23SZ21 - Suzuki Jimny 2018 onwards gloss black double din fascia

You'll need the following wiring adapters to re-use the steering wheel controls, FM and DAB antennas.

Connects2 CT27AA180 - Fakra to SMB DAB antenna adapter
Connects2 CTSSZ003.2 - Suzuki Swift/Ignis steering wheel control stalk interface adaptor
Connects2 CTMultilead.2
Connects2 CT27AA88 - Suzuki DIN antenna aerial adaptor

If you have a Suzuki OEM reversing camera, you'll also need. Connects2 CAM-SZ1-RT - Suzuki Swift/Ignis reverse camera retention interface

Simply a case of adding all the adapters to the existing wiring and then plumbing it into the rear of your choice of headunit. If you do go for an upgrade, make sure you watch the Connects2 install videos on YouTube, they have some important information regarding order of connection (if you connect things in the wrong sequence, your steering wheel controls won't work).

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Aug 2021 09:31 by Gadget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds