BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New jimny owners take a look at this....

More
17 Oct 2019 16:19 #214865 by wicho001
Hello people... I was looking at my jimny and I saw something interesting that can become a problem (rust point) in the near future. As you know the air conditioner system have a drain hose, our hose drip on top of the chassis all the way to the suspension arm, In my case I use AC all the time so those parts are exposed to a lot of water. An easy fix is to extend the hose a little bit further so the water drip to the ground and not to those parts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 18:42 #214880 by Soeley
Thanks for the heads-up, I rarely use the A/C, but it might be worth still extending it B)

More
21 Oct 2019 08:24 #214990 by kirkynut
Always leave your aircon on. It has lubricants in the gas which stop the rubber seals from drying out and leaking.

Just adjust the temperature to your desired setting.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
21 Oct 2019 21:02 #215021 by Soeley
I do run it occasionally for the purpose above, but I'm a window open person. Only really use it when the pollen count is high and windows are shut.

More
22 Oct 2019 05:18 - 22 Oct 2019 05:18 #215024 by Max Headroom
I've a good friend in California and he told me the same as Kirkynut, about running the AC - it you have strong reasons that you dont want to use it, then try make sure its used at least once every week for say, 30 mins or so - even during the winter months.

I dont know about the Jimny but modern AC is more of a 'climate control', and doesnt just blast out cold air as far as I'm aware

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 22 Oct 2019 05:18 by Max Headroom.

More
22 Oct 2019 07:49 - 22 Oct 2019 07:50 #215030 by facade
I run the aircon compressor all the time, but I find that after about 3000 hours, it fails.

I think it is wear of the pump putting gunge in the lines that blocks the expansion valve.

I have had two cars in a row go the same way, no leaks on a vacuum or pressure test, don't cool very well following a refill, and lose all the gas after a week or so. (I think they over-pressure and vent through the pump seals)

I actually bought a new expansion valve for the Renault Nissan, but it looks like the engine has to come out to fit it, and if the pump is breaking up it will only block again in short order.

Nothing lasts nowadays....:(

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 22 Oct 2019 07:50 by facade.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds