BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Some pics as requested

• johnnyev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 06:56 - 06 Sep 2019 06:59 #213188 by johnnyev
New Jimny in Oman - Wiring Loom was created by johnnyev
Hi all,

I have bought a new Jimny here in Muscat (Oman). The only model available here is the GL and it's specification is less than the models available in the UK and elsewhere. I was looking at fitting the additional 12V outlet in the rear (the pop out is there in the panel) and was wondering if anyone on the forum knew if the looms on the models were identical and I can expect the wiring to be there?

I love the vehicle and it's prefect for off-roading here in Oman where there are some fabulous off-road routes and you can camp virtually anywhere.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
John
Last edit: 06 Sep 2019 06:59 by johnnyev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 07:39 #213190 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic New Jimny in Oman - Wiring Loom
Hi John,
Our lower spec version in the UK has the wiring in place, at a guess I'd say yours would. The socket is listed as an official accessory in the UK and is probably in the Oman catalogue.
Pictures of your Jimny in action on the local trail routes would be appreciated.
Chris

• johnnyev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 08:38 #213192 by johnnyev
Replied by johnnyev on topic Some pics as requested
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping they fitted the full loom.

Like a lot of people I expect, I don't have a lot of pictures of my car in action as I'm always driving! Here's a couple, one of the car having the BF All Terrain tyres fitted (great tyres!) and another of an easy route up to a mountain village here. You can get an idea of the fabulous routes that are available in the background. There is a Jimny Owners Club here in Oman but I'm yet to hook up with them. They have some videos on YouTube which are worth a look at.

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Sep 2019 09:16 #213194 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Some pics as requested
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a pretty place to go exploring. One of these days I am packing my Jimny and not coming back until I have seen some of these places for myself.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• johnnyev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 10:17 #213198 by johnnyev
Replied by johnnyev on topic Some pics as requested
Thanks for the welcome Lambert. It's a truly stunning country and the people here are very friendly and accommodating.

More
06 Sep 2019 10:23 #213199 by Soeley
Very nice, it would be good to see some of your routes.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds