BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny

• Podge
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 19:09 #211210 by Podge
2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny was created by Podge
Popped into a Suzuki dealer, the one in Ashton.

According to the sales person there's a two year lead time on a new Jimny, they cannot get enough of them. Apparently Suzuki UK cannot import enough of them due to the Co2 restrictions and there's just the massive demand for them. They thought there'd be a delay when it was announced but 7 months in it's a lot more than they thought.

I think I'll wait 3-4 years before picking one up. 2 years is madness...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 19:19 #211211 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny

Podge wrote: Popped into a Suzuki dealer, the one in Ashton.

According to the sales person there's a two year lead time on a new Jimny, they cannot get enough of them. Apparently Suzuki UK cannot import enough of them due to the Co2 restrictions and there's just the massive demand for them. They thought there'd be a delay when it was announced but 7 months in it's a lot more than they thought.

There is one availavle in silver on this site, brand new waiting at the dealers!!

• Podge
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 19:33 #211212 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
They didn't mention that one. I had a nosey out the back, I seen that with a Blue/Black Sz5 and I assumed they were in the process of being registered and readying for customers. The Blue/Black one was mint looking.

More
18 Jul 2019 13:09 #211234 by mediaman111166
Not at that dealers 'site' but on this forum 'site' :)
I have had to cancel my order for a SZ5 in silver, its at my local suzuki dealers awaiting a buyer. see my post.

More
18 Jul 2019 13:43 - 18 Jul 2019 13:48 #211235 by Foxtrot

Suzuki will have to modify that engine to comply with the CO2 restrictions, otherwise its going to be unviable to sell it in Europe in a very short space of time...
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 13:48 by Foxtrot.

More
18 Jul 2019 14:02 #211237 by mlines

Foxtrot wrote:

Suzuki will have to modify that engine to comply with the CO2 restrictions, otherwise its going to be unviable to sell it in Europe in a very short space of time...

As the CO2 restrictions are based on an average across the Manufacturers range, Suzuki have recently calculated that they do not need to change the engine. Instead the current low volumes of imports mean they do not break their average. This also means they have now discounted any increase in production volumes.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
18 Jul 2019 14:47 - 18 Jul 2019 14:48 #211238 by Foxtrot
[/quote]As the CO2 restrictions are based on an average across the Manufacturers range, Suzuki have recently calculated that they do not need to change the engine. Instead the current low volumes of imports mean they do not break their average. This also means they have now discounted any increase in production volumes.[/quote]

That's what I was afraid would happen Martin and it is now causing the delays, I was looking at the first year car tax on the DVLA website, £855 for the manual and £1280 for the automatic.:blink: At the moment this country is on a carbon neutral crusade, we will be all be using those fun bikes from Butlins in ten years time... :laugh:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 14:48 by Foxtrot.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 15:15 #211240 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Come on Suzuki send us the kei car, I'd love to try one of those.
Chris

More
18 Jul 2019 18:33 - 18 Jul 2019 18:37 #211256 by Gadget

Foxtrot wrote: That's what I was afraid would happen Martin and it is now causing the delays, I was looking at the first year car tax on the DVLA website, £855 for the manual and £1280 for the automatic.:blink: At the moment this country is on a carbon neutral crusade, we will be all be using those fun bikes from Butlins in ten years time... :laugh:

Thankfully the first year tax is an invisible cost, provided you're happy with the advertised cost of the vehicle. No increase in production and a capped number of imports sucks for those waiting for a car, but brilliant news for those who do have them, both in terms of exclusivity and residuals.

The sooner we become carbon neutral or carbon negative, the better. Renewables are already providing cheaper energy than coal and gas.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 18:37 by Gadget.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 19:17 #211261 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic 2 Year wait for new Gen4 Jimny
Talking to my dealer when I collected mine, he said that all other Suzuki models (not the Jimny) will be hybrid from the beginning of 2020. That will mean the average Co2 will drop allowing them to bring in more Jimnys. However that wont happen over night and will mean a shortage of Jimnys for a while yet.

More
18 Jul 2019 19:33 #211263 by mlines
The announcement by Suzuki was that it would not let them bring in more, it would just let them bring in the same amount

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
19 Jul 2019 14:46 #211281 by 300bhpton

CC Baxter wrote: Come on Suzuki send us the kei car, I'd love to try one of those.
Chris

I imagine it would be incredibly slow.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds