BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Dog transport

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jun 2019 04:35 #210176 by Lambert
Dog transport was created by Lambert
Whatcha. Being a responsible person who is forced into having a dog(cats rule!) I have got our working cocker cross a cage for the car. It's 2 feet wide and tall and 3 feet long, or most of the back of the car. It is great for him as he can just about sprawl out side to side nevermind long ways. It also means that on days out stuff can be packed around and on top and he is still comfortable. However I have to take it out every time I don't have him in as the cage is huge and numb and awkward and a pain in the wrist. I'm therefore looking for a quick fix for nipping off to the woods that isn't a cage and that is still considered as appropriate restraint and that doesn't need a rear seatbelt clip as i don't have any being a van. Help please!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jun 2019 07:49 #210178 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Dog transport
Might be onto a winner. Found some lashing rings allegedly rated at 400 kg each that will fit the bolts from the top seatbelt mounts, 8 for £13.50. Also found a dog seatbelt that has a pair of hooks rather than a seatbelt buckle, similar money. Will post a few pictures once installed.

• barnsley john
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2019 22:28 #210194 by barnsley john
Replied by barnsley john on topic Dog transport
I lambert we want to transport our large gundog and any ideas will be great
and pictures etc thanks john

• Lambert
    Registered
More
22 Jun 2019 06:08 #210195 by Lambert
With a bigger dog I would be looking at some kind of fixed division between the front and back of the cabin. Our dog is 14kg and the big cage is about the largest I could find that would fit in the back of the car and even then it affects the passenger seat position which is ok if you're short. That said you probably could get a German Shepherd in the cage but I wouldn't want to go very far or for a long distance as it wouldn't be comfortable with such a big dog. Once i get this belt system in I'll get some pictures as it may be a cheap way to maintain the versatility of the car.

More
22 Jun 2019 07:42 #210198 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Dog transport
This is fine for two Cockers, or Springers.

File Attachment:

It has a door on front and side, so it can be turned if more room is needed.

File Attachment:

Most of the Shoots that I go to are only twenty miles or so, but some are two to four hours drive. The dogs settle down quickly - especially on the way home.

I have a Lintran box, that is excellent, but it does not leave any spare room in the Jimny.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
22 Jun 2019 08:36 #210200 by Lambert
I wanted to get one that size as it's more manageable but I got my head bitten off because the precious little creature has to have as much comfort as the most comfortable thing on world comfort day!

More
22 Jun 2019 17:10 #210212 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Dog transport
Far safer for dog, and humans, if the dog is restricted in its ability to go flying around inside the vehicle, IMO.

Dogs do not gallop around in the normal course of their day. They are content to lie down, and doze the hours away.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
22 Jun 2019 18:24 #210215 by Lambert
Ok so this is the cage

And this is a dog wanting to go for another walk but on the quick release system.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds