BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

suzuki jimny over heating

• Rogerbrown
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2019 15:45 #210164 by Rogerbrown
suzuki jimny over heating was created by Rogerbrown
Can somebody advise me.
I have an over heating problem I have had
1/ Head scimmed and new head gasket
2/ New radiator and cap
3/ New water pump.
After driving for 20 to 30 mins the temperature gauge goes above middle setting towards high .If i put the heater on with the blower going it drops down to middle.If i'm in traffic it starts to rise .once I start to move it will start to drop down also I've noticed that if I drop down the gears to higher rev that also starts to drop the needle.
I have had mechanic dealing with this problem with no success.
I'M AT A LOSS

Regards
Roger Brown (Jimny on 54 plate which has given many years of happy motoring)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Jun 2019 16:39 #210165 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic suzuki jimny over heating
Welcome to the forum. While it's a pig to get at have you replaced the thermostat? Also check the viscous fan coupling, when at operating temperature using the rolled up newspaper it should chew the paper without stalling if it is correct. It is possible to service them with silicon oil used in rc car dampers. Or a new one is about 70 ish quid. Have you run a live diagnostic on it to see what the actual temperature is? Normal operation is between 70 and 110 Celsius according to the workshop manual.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Jun 2019 17:12 #210166 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic suzuki jimny over heating
Not much left to check, as Lambert said thermostat or viscose fan. Viscose fan easy to check and it's got my money on it .
Good luck and don't loose faith.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds