BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Sat/Nav Question?

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2019 16:34 #209667 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Sat nav question
The digitiser that provides the touch-screen element is a flexible layer with overlaid grids, that's all you're seeing. Nothing is stressed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 19:29 #209679 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Sat nav question

AlexK wrote: The digitiser that provides the touch-screen element is a flexible layer with overlaid grids, that's all you're seeing. Nothing is stressed.

Yep, polarised glasses do that to lot's a screens including mobiles. Nothing wrong, but a pain nonetheless.

More
06 Jun 2019 06:33 #209695 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Sat/Nav Question?

facade wrote: It is only "United Kingdom" for some of us George ;)

I was actually pointing out that we can't enter "England" etc...

Your unit has likely gone the same way as the one in my Nissan. That has lost all sensitivity from the GPS receiver, and it won't admit there are any satellites about. However, I fixed it with a magnetic GPS Ariel, I open the window and stick it to the roof over my head if I need the SatNav.

The Bosch unit is well known for flaking out in the heat, which is why they fit them where they get maximum exposure to heat from the windows and in the NIssan, the heater outlets as well. I expect it just needs a bit of reflowing around the boards like all those PS4s and Xboxes they fix on youtube.

I have a magnetic GPS antenna on mine, I have just stuck it to the inside of the roof behind the interior light. Works perfectly.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds