BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Disklok offer for £80

More
25 May 2019 20:01 #208944 by Hanslow
I know this has been discussed recently by the gen 4 owners, but if anyone is interested, pop on over to www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-steering-lo...ham-approved-3236480

Not sure when the deal ends, it's from eurocarparts using code Bank70.

Hopefully saves someone a few pennies that hasn't committed to one yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade, Gadget, johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2019 05:36 #208966 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Disklok offer for £80
B#gg#r!

Bought one last week. :evil:
They might be good, but they are a massive rip-off at £120, they are more like £30-£50 worth tops.

And then to add insult to injury, they can't even line it so that it doesn't wreck the steering wheel, and expect you to pay another £10 for a pair of old tights to put over the steering wheel, that should have been included with it in the first place.

Strangely, those tartan steering wheel covers that the pound shop used to sell are no more, and I ended up with a £4 one off eBay.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 05:45 #208967 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Disklok offer for £80

facade wrote: B#gg#r!

Bought one last week. :evil:
They might be good, but they are a massive rip-off at £120, they are more like £30-£50 worth tops.

And then to add insult to injury, they can't even line it so that it doesn't wreck the steering wheel, and expect you to pay another £10 for a pair of old tights to put over the steering wheel, that should have been included with it in the first place.

Strangely, those tartan steering wheel covers that the pound shop used to sell are no more, and I ended up with a £4 one off eBay.

They are expensive, but the best available from what ive looked at. The steering protector shud defo be included with the lock, but we are talking about companies here, and we all know we are in the era of rip offs. I used a 10 pound steering wheel cover from halforfs. It works a charm, and overal, am happy with the lock.

More
26 May 2019 05:56 #208970 by facade
I've got it now anyway.

I suppose that for all I know it could have saved the car being stolen already, which is worth the £120.

Most of the Fiesta and Focus STs that are still on their drives round here have them. (The ones that don't are either already stolen, or behind like a telegraph pole set in the drive)
Security post fitting is a big growth industry round here ;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 06:06 - 26 May 2019 06:07 #208972 by Andy2640

facade wrote: I've got it now anyway.

I suppose that for all I know it could have saved the car being stolen already, which is worth the £120.

Most of the Fiesta and Focus STs that are still on their drives round here have them. (The ones that don't are either already stolen, or behind like a telegraph pole set in the drive)
Security post fitting is a big growth industry round here ;)

Kinda like that round here too. I also park in Coventry alot, so it was super essential lol

Out of interest, which area are you from facade?
Last edit: 26 May 2019 06:07 by Andy2640.

More
26 May 2019 06:32 #208973 by facade

Andy2640 wrote:
Kinda like that round here too. I also park in Coventry alot, so it was super essential lol

Near Walsall.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 06:43 #208974 by Andy2640

facade wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

Near Walsall.

Just up the road from me then. Inner city' and suberbs are hot spots as you will know.

Good luck out there mate. Hopefully our disklocks will slow em down enuff to run out and hammer the teeving little barstools. :laugh: :laugh: :evil: ;)

More
26 May 2019 08:08 #208984 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Disklok offer for £80
Same round here in Essex, the community forums are packed with "my fiesta was stolen last night" posts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 14:40 #209016 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Disklok offer for £80
Sold my focus St because I had rwo attempts at a break in for the keys 5:04 Christmas morning last year caught it on my Ring doorbell , unfortunately for them a 26kg staff cross lab sleeps in the hallway :D :D good luck with that! :D

More
26 May 2019 14:59 #209017 by stiffsteve204me

Daniel30 wrote: Sold my focus St because I had rwo attempts at a break in for the keys 5:04 Christmas morning last year caught it on my Ring doorbell , unfortunately for them a 26kg staff cross lab sleeps in the hallway :D :D good luck with that! :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We need pics!

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 15:35 #209019 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Disklok offer for £80
Security ;)

Attachments:

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 May 2019 15:44 #209020 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Disklok offer for £80
CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel30, johnjohanaphy

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds