BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 auto headlights

More
23 Feb 2020 21:36 #218971 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen4 auto headlights

facade wrote:

Beaverhausen wrote:
I'm sad I have to switch off anything automated on a vehicle. But I would trade the Jimny's over-sensitive auto-lights for a rain-sensing windscreen wiper :dry:

No you wouldn't ;)

I have auto wipers on the Renault Nissan.

When it is raining and they are on auto, the screen gets more and more obscured, until I can't see a thing, and then, just after the impact :ohmy: , they wipe.

On the other hand, in complete dryness, they come on like billy-o and you can see the slivers of rubber shaving off the blades.

My last car Toyota iQ, had rain sensing wipers and they were brilliant! I hardly ever had the switch out of Auto. If the Suzuki option works as good as the Toyota then I think id would be worth it (depending on cost). Soon got used to manually setting the wipers though, so retro :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Feb 2020 21:46 #218972 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Gen4 auto headlights
Same thing on the sz4. It's very annoying.

I quite like not having auto wipers. It suits the general basicness of the car.

More
24 Feb 2020 13:12 #219004 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic Gen4 auto headlights
I have noticed the same with the twitching auto headlights. So it doesnt annoy me I just dont bother with them unless it is winter where I am driving to and from work in the dark and i can just leave that auto setting on.

I do think the auto-dip feature is brilliant though. I was driving down some dark and wet unfamiliar country roads in wales and It was one less thing to worry about whilst trapping along.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds