BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Android auto

More
15 May 2019 07:43 - 15 May 2019 07:44 #208004 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Android auto

Gadget wrote:
2. The stereo not recognising my phone at all after an Android software update, I had to remove the details from phone and car and start again.

Comes standard with android I think. Mine needs the code putting in and agreeing to connect every time there is even a sim update from EE (Nissan connect = Bosch SLDA clone and a Sony head unit in the Jimny).

The latest Android update broke the turning the ringer on/off with the volume buttons when the phone is locked, as I guess you know by now :whistle:

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 15 May 2019 07:44 by facade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2019 03:35 #208070 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Android auto
I know this isn't the primary topic of the thread but just wanted to comment on the issue of using the USB ports for charging your devices. Unless things have changed in the last year and a half, there were only 2 models of BMW (or was it Mercedes......I can't remember) that had factory USB ports that could really do a good job at charging phones and tablets. The factory ports of almost all cars would provide about 1/2 Amp. That can charge a device but will take a looong time. It is really much more practical to use a high quality USB adapter like Scosche (not one of the Chinese ones) plugged into the lighter (accessory) socket. Those provide 2 plus Amps and do a very reasonable job.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

More
16 May 2019 07:42 #208102 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Android auto

zukebob wrote: The factory ports of almost all cars would provide about 1/2 Amp. That can charge a device but will take a looong time. It is really much more practical to use a high quality USB adapter like Scosche (not one of the Chinese ones) plugged into the lighter (accessory) socket. Those provide 2 plus Amps and do a very reasonable job.

Great point. My phone (OnePlus 6T) has a brilliant fast charger for 240v, but I hadn't thought to buy their car adapter. Will get one now. 3.5A output. Only of benefit with supported phones and using one of their certified USB-C cables though. Their latest phone has an even quicker fast charge and a car adapter that puts out 6A to support it!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds