BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny

More
12 Jun 2019 14:13 #209886 by OctaneJimny
Christmas! You optimist! I'm getting some Suzuki Easter eggs for mine. I'm Also on holiday on the 'expected' arrival date so it can sit on their forecourt attracting some more custome......victims until my return.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2019 19:09 #209902 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny
Well I would say that they MUST park it indoors away out of view. Lol. I am not keen on giving free advertising!! I am not on holiday until September so they have plenty of time to mess me about.....or I go elsewhere...... My dealer said that if I cancel my order this late and after they have got all the extras I have ordered I would A, lose my deposit and B, be liable for the extras as they would not want them. I returned fire by sending him a copy of my invoice clearly showing a delivery date of 28th March. This is the only delivery date I have in writing.... but it made the point. I have no intention of cancelling knowing the car is in the country...... well.... that's assuming it is still parked next to yours. I haven't had confirmation but will be checking on Saturday when I drop into the dealer.

More
12 Jun 2019 20:00 #209905 by OctaneJimny
I couldn't give a monkeys where they park it as long as it doesn't get damaged. They would be fixing it anyway!

Oh really, I've not ordered any extras for mine and they have said I can have my deposit if I request to cancel. I've bought a few bits so I can do it myself (none suzuki parts) well I'm glad you gave them some fire back. My invoice has got January on it with the incorrect phone number and the spec for an SZ5 with SZ4 prices with the order number for a sold Ignis on it. Absolute joke.

Im presuming that yours will be parked with mine of its a Q2 car. You will have to let us know what you find out on Saturday.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2019 20:50 #209907 by Aj4x4
Will definitely update you.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2019 19:46 #210003 by Aj4x4
Didn't get to the dealer today but will be going Tuesday now. Update will follow as soon as I know what/ where/when is happening.

More
16 Jun 2019 10:20 #210019 by OctaneJimny
Awesome, no worries. Go and kick them up the backside!

Mines apparently going to be here in less than 2 weeks. I've written that one down on my note pad for my up and coming stand up act.

More
18 Jun 2019 13:56 #210088 by OctaneJimny
Had a phone called from the dealer a few hours ago. They think my car will be there between this weekend and early next week. They would like me to pop in on Friday so all the paperwork can be finalised. Already trying to sell me a service pack for it. not even got the 4 wheeled chuff yet. No thank you Suzuki. Let just focus on getting the car sorted so I can drive away and never have to see you again!

More
18 Jun 2019 15:45 - 18 Jun 2019 15:46 #210097 by Bill Portland
be interested to hear what your service plan costs. Mine was ridiculously expensive

(good news that yours is finally arriving though)
Last edit: 18 Jun 2019 15:46 by Bill Portland.

More
18 Jun 2019 16:08 #210098 by stiffsteve204me

Bill Portland wrote: be interested to hear what your service plan costs. Mine was ridiculously expensive

(good news that yours is finally arriving though)

I seem to recall a figure of £750, or thereabouts.

No, I didn't. :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2019 17:21 #210103 by Aj4x4
So. I popped into my dealer this afternoon to drop of the V750 for the private plate. Asked if they had a date as I knew my car was in Grimsby. The sales guy looked at me and said.... "Its not in Grimsby" .

Just before I was about to have a bit of a rant.... he said.. " Its out the back in the compound...... being driven off the transporter" He was just about to email me as I walked in. Both a bit surprised as it is a month early give or take a couple of days. So I have now actually seen it my enthusiasm has risen once again. Hopefully have it at the weekend or early next week once the tow bar etc has been fitted.

More
18 Jun 2019 17:33 #210104 by OctaneJimny
Fantastic, it's in grasping distance now for you! I'm wondering if mine is actually at the dealer as he said "I wouldn't be surprised if it was being dropped off right now"

Have you ordered any other extras other than the tow bar? Looks like most of the extras are pretty bolt on so hopefully you will get it sharpish.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2019 19:11 #210111 by Aj4x4
Only the protection pack.... mats/flaps etc and a load area tray so hopefully wont be long.

There were four Jimnys on the transporter, mine...a silver one also for my dealer, a black one and a white SZ4. The driver had already dropped four more off today..... not sure where they were though.

Hopefully yours was one of them. If ours were on the same ship then I would imagine yours cant be far off. Fingers crossed. Can almost smell the new car smell.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds