BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Imported Jimny direct from Japan

More
27 Apr 2019 11:25 #206754 by mickyd
Does anyone have a Jimny which has been imported from Japan?

I am looking around for one, and am considering sourcing one for import.
I have been looking at prices for a 2005-9.
It will not be cheaper, looking at the UK prices, if anything may work out a little more expensive.
However, it will benefit with genuine really low mileages, and completely rust free (and a funky mirror on the nearside wing)

Just wondered if anyone had gone down this route?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2019 12:23 #206756 by mlines
Be aware that some Japanese Jimnys are Kei cars. These are 600cc lightweight models designed to meet Japanese urban Kei specs.

Nothing basically wrong with them but engine parts for the 600cc engine are harder to come by.

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
28 Apr 2019 14:39 #206840 by mickyd
Hi Martin, I do have a Kei car already, a 660cc Suzuki Carry pickup.
I am looking at the 1.3 Jimny from Japan, but haven't ruled out the 660.
I did have a look at the prices originally, and there isn't going to be a saving, if at all by importing one.
However after looking at a some in the last few days, I am now thinking just the ultra low milage and rust free condition might be worth the extra, and the way to go.
The ones which were competitively priced, had the start of corrosion around the headlights, and looked like they could be trouble in the future.

• adamjanos
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2022 20:56 #241440 by adamjanos
Replied by adamjanos on topic Imported Jimny direct from Japan
Hi, did you import one of these in the end? I'd be interested to know: who you used and how it went, and does it run on E10? I'm also looking at getting a 2008 600cc version..
Thanks!
Adam

More
23 Jan 2022 22:15 #241443 by Dirtbird
Adam Hi Welcome to Bigjimny.
Adam the lads at shropshirequads.co.uk/ convert them and recently converted an import and to be honest and truthful it looked like a new jimy from under the lift, they posted some pictures and if I had the money and was really keen that the way Id go. They click in here often enough and , given how busy they are, will normally give you good advice and info. 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds