BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Good news 'Phone call.

More
02 Apr 2019 15:16 #205404 by stiffsteve204me
I added my name to the waiting list, at my local Dealership, on 12 March, and was told that I was number fifteen on said list, so a likelihood of an eight to twelve month wait. :ohmy:

The salesman that I have dealt with called me today, with an offer of an SZ5, in black. Although White was at the bottom of my wish list, Black was only one off it.:sick: Reluctantly, I declined, but all was not lost, it would seem.

I had a call back, ten minutes later. They are able to do a swap with another Dealership, for an Auto SZ5, in Kinetic Yellow. :woohoo: Collection should be June.

With the way deliveries are, I will not hold my breath for the June date. :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2019 15:32 #205405 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
SWEET!!!!

More
02 Apr 2019 15:34 #205406 by No Stock Available
Funny you mention this, a dealership sent out an email earlier saying that they had 2 cars to colour swap and one was the kinetic yellow auto.

nice work enjoy your car.

stiffsteve204me wrote: I added my name to the waiting list, at my local Dealership, on 12 March, and was told that I was number fifteen on said list, so a likelihood of an eight to twelve month wait. :ohmy:

The salesman that I have dealt with called me today, with an offer of an SZ5, in black. Although White was at the bottom of my wish list, Black was only one off it.:sick: Reluctantly, I declined, but all was not lost, it would seem.

I had a call back, ten minutes later. They are able to do a swap with another Dealership, for an Auto SZ5, in Kinetic Yellow. :woohoo: Collection should be June.

With the way deliveries are, I will not hold my breath for the June date. :laugh:

Steve.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2019 17:03 #205416 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
Good stuff stiffsteve204me - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 11:39 #205697 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
Congratulations. I am now waiting for my SZ5 in burn your eyes out yellow. Wanted Blue as a first choice.... but yellow... or is it green? was second choice. I too have been told June. However I have set my head to July so if it comes earlier than happy days.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 13:25 #205698 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
I'm getting a wee bit confused, whilst I am delighted that you have been offered a Jimny, with all this dealer colour swapping what's happened to the Q1 allocation which should have been delivered at the end of March 2019?

More
08 Apr 2019 14:38 #205700 by stiffsteve204me

Hammo19 wrote: I'm getting a wee bit confused, whilst I am delighted that you have been offered a Jimny, with all this dealer colour swapping what's happened to the Q1 allocation which should have been delivered at the end of March 2019?

My delivery is Q2 April-June, as far as I know. The dealer said that their Q1 allocation was sold, and collected by the new owners.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 19:49 #205722 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
Ah thanks mine must be in the Q2 delivery.

More
08 Apr 2019 20:20 #205723 by MrChips
Replied by MrChips on topic Good news 'Phone call.

stiffsteve204me wrote: I added my name to the waiting list, at my local Dealership, on 12 March, and was told that I was number fifteen on said list, so a likelihood of an eight to twelve month wait. :ohmy:

Steve.

Congratz

More
08 Apr 2019 22:24 #205732 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Good news 'Phone call.

Aj4x4 wrote: Congratulations. I am now waiting for my SZ5 in burn your eyes out yellow. Wanted Blue as a first choice.... but yellow... or is it green? was second choice. I too have been told June. However I have set my head to July so if it comes earlier than happy days.

Like you, my initial choice would have been blue. However I've zero regrets about taking delivery of an SZ5 in Kinetic Yellow. Your comment as to is it yellow or green is perfectly valid - it depends on the level of sun, cloud or streetlighting. I find that under some lighting conditions the Jimny ranges from pale yellow to vivid dayglo green. As Suzuki themselves use Kinetic Yellow in a lot of their promotional material it certainly complements the lines of the vehicle and you wont lose it in the ASDA car park on a busy Sunday afternoon.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2019 15:51 #205761 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Good news 'Phone call.
I agree. My dealer had a Kenetic Yellow as a demonstration car. Each time I pass by it looks a different colour. They have the colour card next to their Swift yellow in the showroom and it definitely looks green when placed next to yellow. The blue also appears to change shades in different light. Enjoy the car..... I cant wait for mine.

More
09 Apr 2019 16:02 #205763 by stiffsteve204me

Aj4x4 wrote: I agree. My dealer had a Kenetic Yellow as a demonstration car. Each time I pass by it looks a different colour. They have the colour card next to their Swift yellow in the showroom and it definitely looks green when placed next to yellow. The blue also appears to change shades in different light. Enjoy the car..... I cant wait for mine.

I have heard of Kinetic yellow being described as "Baby Poo Green". :laugh: :sick: :laugh:

For sure, the perceived colour changes, dependent on the light.

Like you, I'm looking forward to shocking my neighbors. :woohoo:

Steve.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds