BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

OBD1 OR OBD2 code reader for this vin

More
16 Nov 2020 19:20 #230120 by jackonlyjack
Yes but i fitted +3" radius arms all round
Didn't want castor bushes and it's still on a 2" lift for now

YOU might need adjustable pan hard rods after your lift

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2020 14:32 - 21 Nov 2020 14:33 #230253 by Dirtbird
Getting there with the welding

Tuning the welder is the first trick. The second trick is the copper spoon. Also using transit front bonnet for repair metal .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Nov 2020 14:33 by Dirtbird.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
21 Nov 2020 18:08 - 21 Nov 2020 18:09 #230260 by Scimike
Good work Dirtbird, nice green touch the repurposed Ford Transit.

Also thanks for the tip. Copper spoon, made me Google and what a great idea. Going to make one to add to my welding kit.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 21 Nov 2020 18:09 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
21 Nov 2020 20:06 - 21 Nov 2020 20:07 #230268 by Dirtbird

Scimike wrote: Good work Dirtbird, nice green touch the repurposed Ford Transit.

Also thanks for the tip. Copper spoon, made me Google and what a great idea. Going to make one to add to my welding kit.

Glad to help delighted me self with the copper spoon works a treat.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Last edit: 21 Nov 2020 20:07 by Dirtbird.

More
23 Nov 2020 12:31 #230323 by Dirtbird
Lads seeing as I’m going to be under the Jimny all Christmas with the rust do you think a 2” body lift would be a good use of time?

More
25 Nov 2020 17:10 #230396 by Dirtbird
Getting good energy from X8GGY S project build and some good ideas from reading his build.
Starting to go under the body now. Getting ready to take off the front axel and do a proper clean up replacing bushes at the moment. This Jimny only has 41 k on it and so far most components seem to be ok. Think I got to it in time .

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Riccy

More
25 Nov 2020 17:43 - 25 Nov 2020 17:44 #230398 by X8GGY
I'm honoured to be an inspiration B)
Last edit: 25 Nov 2020 17:44 by X8GGY.

More
28 Nov 2020 17:55 - 28 Nov 2020 18:43 #230466 by Dirtbird
Started refurbishing the brake calipers using the needle scaler BEFORE like it needs saying.

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2020 18:43 by Dirtbird.

More
28 Nov 2020 23:05 - 28 Nov 2020 23:08 #230480 by Dirtbird
Doesn't look much better but they did come out very clean. Hit them with Kurust and I've reckoned brakes.

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Nov 2020 23:08 by Dirtbird.

• HG0606
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2020 15:55 #230500 by HG0606
Replied by HG0606 on topic My red neck rust bustin project.
The silver jimny in the picture above is mine !!! :woohoo: :laugh: Fame at last... If you want to know anything about it let me know...

More
29 Nov 2020 16:47 #230504 by X8GGY

HG0606 wrote: The silver jimny in the picture above is mine !!! :woohoo: :laugh: Fame at last... If you want to know anything about it let me know...

This one? =

More
29 Nov 2020 19:17 - 29 Nov 2020 19:17 #230510 by Dirtbird

X8GGY wrote:

HG0606 wrote: The silver jimny in the picture above is mine !!! :woohoo: :laugh: Fame at last... If you want to know anything about it let me know...

This one? =

This has to have a name ie stealth or subdued if you get what I mean. All the capability in a discrete cover if that makes any sense. Really like it thanks for the offer HG0606. Mighty.

Last edit: 29 Nov 2020 19:17 by Dirtbird.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds