BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gatescarth May 11th - anyone fancy buddying up?

• DanTrent
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2019 22:41 #202773 by DanTrent
Hiya! Just waiting on Riccy but we're up to four now. If we can get you and one other then we've got six. Any takers? As per previous I need reg/name/phone/home address to my email so I can do the permit. Hoping to do it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
08 Feb 2019 06:24 #202784 by Riccy

sniper wrote: Stile end looks good Riccy, bang a route together and I'll have a trundle along with you......

sniper

Stile end is superb, tight, technical and twisty with some tasty views from the top. I will be heading south after this as Im on with Hawkstone punch hunt on the Sunday (trying to steal Brett's title) but I can happily point everyone in the direction of some more lanes for after stile end if your wanting to make a day of it...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
08 Feb 2019 06:30 #202786 by Max Headroom

1390_taz wrote: It's looking like a BigJimny get together

I can't make it :( But any casual Forum meet up would be great - even if it as just a natter at the pub!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 20:55 #203029 by G-imny
Anyone else interested in joining this trip? There is one group of 4 confirmed but we can make another group if there are 1, 2 or 3 others that want to go?

Let me know if you are interested and I will try and get another permit for the 11th.

Thanks,

Gav

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 22:13 #203035 by Andy2640
Would love too!! If i had my Jimny - boo hooo ;-) Have fun guys, sounds great!

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2019 06:30 #203042 by G-imny
Having watched through last years landrover run, the main obstacles seem to be some loose surfaces and tight hairpin turns, so I think a standard Jimny should be fine. Mine is standard apart from some A/T tyres so I hope that’s true!

More
12 Feb 2019 08:52 #203044 by sniper
A standard Jimny on AT tyres is a very capable 4x4. I doubt that the cars abilities will be the limiting factor......

When I was first out in my car with just AT's and tired old suspension, it could do far more than I dare risk my road car on and that was in a 3k banger..

The new Jimny has got some gizmo's that make it much more capable in standard trim, on paper anyway....

I'm sure your discretion will stop you before the car will.

I hope you get your second party together and make the day, we'll have to see if the second party could meet the first for a few pictures and a brew. Maybe follow Riccy's route at a respectable distance...

sniper

More
13 Feb 2019 07:02 #203084 by kirkynut
If any of you are looking to do this with bigger tyres and a standard transfer box, make sure your clutch is in tip top condition and you have a winch.

Some of the climbs are very steep with large rocks to get over and standard gearing in an old Jimny with bigger tyres us too high to cope.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Feb 2019 18:11 - 13 Feb 2019 18:16 #203131 by Riccy
Ive got a good selection of towing gear/strops/shackles, a huge winch, waffle boards, airline, etc, etc.

Plus clutch is ok, 1.6 engine, rocklobster box, HD everything and twin lockers to turn them 32" tyres anywhere I want to go :laugh:

Doubt any of that will be needed from what ive seen of the newest jimnys abilities ;-)

Route mostly plotted. Not a single scratchy lane to be had in there.
Bear in mind we need to agree a start/meet point/time and I need to be hitting the M6 by mid afternoon to head south for Hawkstone park punch-hunt on Sunday. This may mean I need to show someone the route and leave you to get on with it, so hopefully someone has maps or mapping software?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 13 Feb 2019 18:16 by Riccy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2019 19:06 #203144 by G-imny
I have digital maps (os explorer 1:25k). I can’t get on the Gatescarth leg but could meet at the end for the others.

More
13 Feb 2019 19:26 #203150 by ahtr
Should be a good day out, I'm curious to see how the new Jimny gets on in standard form.

More than happy to do a few more lanes after Gatescarth, but I imagine it's going to be a (very) steady run over Gatescarth for Dan to get a load of pictures for his review/article that he was writing for a magazine/website? I might be wrong, but I'm expecting Gatescarth to take a fair bit longer than it normally would.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

More
14 Feb 2019 08:18 #203185 by kirkynut

Riccy wrote: Ive got a good selection of towing gear/strops/shackles, a huge winch, waffle boards, airline, etc, etc.

Plus clutch is ok, 1.6 engine, rocklobster box, HD everything and twin lockers to turn them 32" tyres anywhere I want to go :laugh:

Doubt any of that will be needed from what ive seen of the newest jimnys abilities ;-)

Route mostly plotted. Not a single scratchy lane to be had in there.
Bear in mind we need to agree a start/meet point/time and I need to be hitting the M6 by mid afternoon to head south for Hawkstone park punch-hunt on Sunday. This may mean I need to show someone the route and leave you to get on with it, so hopefully someone has maps or mapping software?

You'll have no problems but I was thinking of people who might be going who don't have a Rocklobster.

I think lockers are banned on Gatescarth, so keep quiet about them when going up and don't use them.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds