BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny product manufacturer (with our own Jimny)

More
04 Feb 2019 14:31 - 04 Feb 2019 14:32 #202547 by Gadget
Exciting times! Are there reviews of any of your existing Defender products that we could read?
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 14:32 by Gadget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 19:09 #202573 by Gadget

GeorgeC wrote:
www.paranoidindustries.com/shop/

Thanks, I was thinking more 3rd party reviews as I've not been able to find any.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2019 14:29 #203208 by Andy2640

ParanoidIndustries wrote: After scanning for the snorkel last week, today we're tackling the inside.

As you'll see in a previous post, we've got a few interior storage solutions coming up, so I thought you'd be interested to see the beginning of the process. We're using our Romer Absolute Arm to gather the data (picture 1), which will be sent over to Solid Edge so we can CAD the products this week.

Paranoid,

any news on the Jimny upgrades?

More
17 Feb 2019 22:11 #203373 by Bob1050
Interested in what type of supercharger technology you might be exploring. I've driven a few vehicles over the years that have used superchargers and rather like the more direct and linear delivery of power that you get compared to turbos. Roots, centrifrugal or screw type can provide an interesting alternative to boosting performance and driveability. Last 4WD supercharged car I had a play with was a Leyland Mini Metro - younger readers may have to google that one as they date back to ancient times.

• Generation4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2019 15:47 #203550 by Generation4
Replied by Generation4 on topic New Jimny product manufacturer (with our own Jimny)
Hello,

I have an idea for the fabrication of a front recovery point on the new Jimny.

It shoud bemounted higher than the area under the chassis, so the area where a winch plate can be mounted is a good location for a recovery point at the front of the car.

Maybe just a very solid steel plate with a big central ring, or a left and right one, welded onto the plate. Plate bolted on front of chassis just like a winch plate.

Just as with a winch, you can then detete the inner grill, and the ring becomes nicely accessible.
Looks good in matte black with the original bumper, discrete, and rock solid.

Ideal for people who don't want to install a winch but would still like a decent recovery point, without having to stick your head in the mud to attach a line to it. For the occasional recovery then, one can also use a 'tirfort', or a mobile 24v winch e.g.

See images to get the general idea.
Attachments:

More
25 Feb 2019 17:34 #203826 by Soeley
Any updates on products and prices?

A roofrack is one of the first things on my list, getting very curious now.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2019 13:47 #203853 by Andy2640

ParanoidIndustries wrote: Hi All

These are the SZ4/SZ5 accessories list we will start to release in the next week.

Roughly in order of release.

Modular load restraint system for rear load area.

Secure lockable cubby box with arm rest.

Load shelf for rear

Roof rack

Rear door table

Modular drawer system

Jimny specific fridge slide and Dometic fridge package.

Swing away wheel carrier and accessory platform.

True dual battery system with under bonnet auxiliary battery mount

Aluminium winch bumper

Snorkel

Under body protection

Long range fuel tank

Supercharger kit, aiming for 15hp and 15-20nm of torque without over stressing engine and drivetrain.

All our accessories will require no drilling or cutting of any of the vehicle.

forum member will receive a blanket 5% discount on all Jimny products.

Regarding MK3 owners, should there be an interest in a mk3 version of some of our SZ products, a rack being a good example, we will make any product mk3 specific within our bespoke program but if 5 mk3 owners order that product we will produce it as standard.

Many thanks

Whats the hold up fella's??

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2019 14:15 #204248 by Guy 2
Just read all of this and I'm impressed.

I'm on the waiting list for a Gen 4 (a bit like waiting for a hip replacement!).

Putting in my 'two-penny-worth', I would be interested in a roof rack - but a small, light one - which may or may not echo with what other members are looking for.

I understand that the maximum roof load for the new Jimny is 30kg - which is, presumably, for everything, rack and contents. As a fisherman I would propose to put a couple of roll-top waterproof stuff-sacks on the roof, filled with waders, rain jackets extra clothing - that sort of thing i.e. lightweight and 'compressible'. I would hold it on with bungee cords - so a mesh base to the rack would be most flexible and ideal.

It may be impracticable, but an alloy rack frame with an insert light steel mesh could meet all my needs - and not compromise the roof loading.

Please feel free to tell me I am talking rubbish. It wouldn't stop me buying your products!

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2019 14:37 #204249 by TaterTot

Guy 2 wrote: I understand that the maximum roof load for the new Jimny is 30kg - which is, presumably, for everything, rack and contents.

You sure about that? Earlier questions on the forum suggest 70-75Kg.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2019 15:12 #204251 by Guy 2
Thanks TaterTot - I'd missed the earlier forum discussion on that.

I was basing my comment on the Suzuki UK Gen 4 Accessory List.

www.reedx.net/temp/20181212_suzuki_jimny_uk_accessory_list.pdf

This quotes "Maximum roof load capacity 30kg" for the roof bars and Suzuki roof rack, and " Maximum vertical load 75kg" for the rear door mounted bicycle rack.

Of course, this may just be for these specific products - but it seems odd that Suzuki UK would offer products with significantly less loading capacity than the vehicle will tolerate.

I don't know - and look forward to clarification.

Thanks for raising it.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2019 16:03 #204252 by TaterTot
Look at that. Well that is a major bummer for me. 30Kg is just not enough.

• JimJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2019 17:23 #204253 by JimJimny

Guy 2 wrote: This quotes "Maximum roof load capacity 30kg" for the roof bars and Suzuki roof rack, and " Maximum vertical load 75kg" for the rear door mounted bicycle rack.

I was of the impression that this was referring to the max load limit that the relatively thin roof bars themselves would safely withstand, not the max load that the roof is actually capable of taking. If 30kg was the maximum load then all these superb and tremendously expensive powder coated framed roof racks from the likes of Frontrunner and K9 would be rendered useless because they physically weigh around 25kg unloaded. In fact, when the load is distributed via six or eight strong gutter brackets the maximum loading should be high enough to withstand a two-person roof tent platform . . at least I would hope so.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds