BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2019 15:34 #200582 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
I think the quotes are a little high at the moment. I got a refund, but I was removing a 340bhp BMW from the policy, so it's no wonder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2019 21:43 #200602 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Ouch! …… another £118 to top up with Direct Line?
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

More
22 Jan 2019 21:15 #201447 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Nothing like wasting another couple of hours of your life talking to call centre staff or going online for insurance quotations.

It's the 22nd January, new Suzuki Jimnys are on the road, DVLA have registered them on the 'big computer' and today I'm talking to representatives of major insurance companies who are absolutely ignorant of the new model Jimny. The biggest laugh is being quoted online for an annual premium of £10k - and I don't have a driving record that would justify more than a few hundred quid. The new 1500cc engine seems a particular issue as the 'big computer' only lists a 1300cc and entering SZ5 confuddled the whole process. So Aviva, Direct Line and a number of others don't appear to keep their systems up to date with new car launches. Phone up others and you get put on hold, passed from pillar to post and told "we will need to refer this to our underwriters". Then I've spent ages on hold listening to music that would drive you insane after 7 minutes. Life would be so much easier if I just wanted to insure a base model 2012 Ford Fiesta.

More
22 Jan 2019 22:11 #201460 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Insuring a New Jimny

Bob1050 wrote: Life would be so much easier if I just wanted to insure a base model 2012 Ford Fiesta.

Affirmative.
I have less trouble with imports that the DVLA don't even recognise.:laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jan 2019 23:20 #201469 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny

reedx wrote: I'm hoping so. I didn't complete the quotation screens as the SZ4 wasn't listed. Dealer price was £399 for 36 months cover.

Colin

Blimey I paid £300 for 36 months on my Cayman last month, dealer was at over £600 for less cover

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 09:42 #201494 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
The only places i've found that can insure one so far is the Admiral Group, so Admiral, Bell, Elephant and Diamond. Which is a bit annoying as i'm with Hastings now and they said they can't find them on their system yet! Hopefully it will be updated by the time mine arrives in March otherwise i'll be changing.

Pay monthly for mine and it came out around £35 a month with Admiral which i'm more than happy with!

More
23 Jan 2019 19:36 #201544 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny

TomNewton wrote: The only places i've found that can insure one so far is the Admiral Group, so Admiral, Bell, Elephant and Diamond.

I found the same going via the comparison sites. Worked out about £30 cheaper for me with Admiral via Confused than via Comparethemarket. Cost £331 for fully comp with protected bonus for me and my wife.

More
04 Feb 2019 20:09 #202575 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny

GeorgeC wrote: 2019 SUZUKI JIMNY MY15 2D WAGON ". A 2019 car showing a Model Year of 2015. .

I get this a lot with my Pajero, a 3 door auto 3.5L petrol which almost always shows up as a 5 door diesel manual. It's the comparison sites that have the most trouble and so do local brokers at times but twice now I have used this site's comparison site and done well.
www.aspokesmansaid.com/?utm_source=A%2BS...d02d0e4321-133318741

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2019 11:58 #203107 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
Excellent work GeorgeC. Thumbs up for sticking with it, and informing us as you go.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2019 11:28 #203583 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
Some more info that might be of use to someone, my current policy is with Hastings Direct, picking up my Jimny tomorrow spoke to them today to change the insurance and they said they can't insure it as the vehicle is classed as a van on their system and i'll need to take out a van policy! Absolutely no idea how that works, so will be cancelling my policy with hastings and taking out a policy with one of the other providers that recognise the Jimny.

• rappey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2019 17:32 #203593 by rappey
Replied by rappey on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
I,ve noticed when looking for things that may want your vehicle reg to identify that so many sites list numerous jimnys … As a 5 seater ??

More
21 Feb 2019 21:56 #203620 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny

rappey wrote: I,ve noticed when looking for things that may want your vehicle reg to identify that so many sites list numerous jimnys … As a 5 seater ??

After putting 4 adults in mine last weekend, I wonder where the 5th one is supposed to sit - even if the insurance company was willing to cover the risk?

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds