BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
13 Dec 2019 08:59 #216436 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:New Jimny waiting list
Suzuki never took orders. Dealers took orders despite Suzuki saying not to.

There is a reduced volume of Jimnys next year, reduced below the current low amount. Therefore any guarantees from Suzuki to dealers such as "1 per month" or whatever are out the window. Some cars will turn up as and when.

As all options are dealer fit apart from paint, there is no such thing as a Suzuki pack. They either mean it has a paint option or is auto. Everything else is fitted by them so they are trying it on.

Having said that, due to the shortage, if you want one and know where there is one you may regret passing over the opportunity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2019 09:38 #216437 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
it would be nice if Suzuki GB would do a press release and say exactly what is happening next year so people could make a decision to stay on a list or move on.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2019 10:37 #216438 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I don't think it would be in the dealers interest for Suzuki GB to press release details of shortages. We already know that as there are so few about. As long as customers are walking into showrooms cars will be sold ( not necessarily Suzukis).
My dealer tried to sell me a 4WD Ignis, good car and perhaps if circumstances had been different...
Chris

More
15 Dec 2019 09:06 #216476 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list

Royal wrote: Just wanted to add my experience around waiting lists.

i've been on a list at a dealer since September for an SZ4. i rang up recently to catch up and check if there was any news only to be told my order was being cancelled.

Suzuki apparently are cancelling all orders to the EU. That is what this particular dealer said. They also offered me their White SZ5 68 plate demo at an inflated price

i rang Suzuki UK and spoke to the help line whom knew nothing.

so i rang a different dealer close by to check the 'cancelled story' . The second dealer told me it is partially true but Suzuki might restart orders in 2021+ and then said they had two brand new SZ5's in their group stock (unregistered) however with a 'Suzuki pack' costing £1,800 extra.

so i'm totally confused. is this true? is this a underhand technique to pressure sales from people?

Any hints on which dealer has 2 unregistered one...please? :-)

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2019 11:05 #216481 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic New Jimny waiting list
Official Suzuki packs or otherwise this could be what the dealer's referring to. Chris

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2019 11:25 - 15 Dec 2019 12:31 #216482 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:New Jimny waiting list
Yes but they are dealer fit, sound strange they are forcing them on buyers. Are they actually demonstrators or press cars?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 15 Dec 2019 12:31 by mlines.

• Royal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Dec 2019 07:36 #216502 by Royal
Replied by Royal on topic New Jimny waiting list

cailean wrote:

i've been on a list at a dealer since September for an SZ4. i rang up recently to catch up and check if there was any news only to be told my order was being cancelled.

Suzuki apparently are cancelling all orders to the EU. That is what this particular dealer said. They also offered me their White SZ5 68 plate demo at an inflated price

so i rang a different dealer close by to check the 'cancelled story' . The second dealer told me it is partially true but Suzuki might restart orders in 2021+ and then said they had two brand new SZ5's in their group stock (unregistered) however with a 'Suzuki pack' costing £1,800 extra.

so i'm totally confused. is this true? is this a underhand technique to pressure sales from people?

a dealer in Bolton on Bury road ;p without naming them. A silver and white car left when i rang on last Thursday, i put a deposit on the white.

The kit is a dealer chosen selection of kit which is in agreement with Suzuki which allowed them to get slightly more allocation. i was told.

In the kit:
Wind & Rain deflectors
side body mouldings
spare wheel cover black. unsure if it's the Suzuki logo one
loading edge aluminium protector
Front flexible mud flaps black
Rear flexible mud flaps black
front silver lower trim
side silver lower trim
eco carpet set
Paint protection

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Dec 2019 07:48 #216521 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
My this seems to have gotten worse since I last looked at this. When I started this thread I was so keen on getting and as said before even thought there maybe loads about as not popular was so wrong!
As it is my car is still going ok, will see MOT next year though, but can not see me ever getting one sadly now at least not new. Its a shame as would of been perfect for my use.
Hope Suzuki can sort it out and keep up with demand etc.

More
17 Dec 2019 12:39 #216522 by Brendan
Replied by Brendan on topic New Jimny waiting list
For a touch of context, before Carlisle Suzuki closed, they had ONE 2018 Jimny under the new shape and that was the only jimny there for maybe the best part of a year....
As for the 2019 Jimny you could look at a brochure and test drive a BORROWED one from Scotland (you had to prebook viewings) but they physically didn’t have one.

More
18 Dec 2019 14:12 #216548 by No Stock Available

Royal wrote:

cailean wrote:

a dealer in Bolton on Bury road ;p without naming them. A silver and white car left when i rang on last Thursday, i put a deposit on the white.

The kit is a dealer chosen selection of kit which is in agreement with Suzuki which allowed them to get slightly more allocation. i was told.

In the kit:
Wind & Rain deflectors
side body mouldings
spare wheel cover black. unsure if it's the Suzuki logo one
loading edge aluminium protector
Front flexible mud flaps black
Rear flexible mud flaps black
front silver lower trim
side silver lower trim
eco carpet set
Paint protection

Sorry to say but they are having someones pants down, none of that stuff means they get extra allocation from Suzuki.

Just means more profit for them.

All vehicles are delivered with no extras fitted and none are required either, they force people to pay for that stuff because they can.

And before people ask, i am a salesman at a Suzuki dealer so i know this to be true.

More
18 Dec 2019 16:21 - 18 Dec 2019 16:24 #216554 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New Jimny waiting list

lee1980 wrote: My this seems to have gotten worse since I last looked at this. When I started this thread I was so keen on getting and as said before even thought there maybe loads about as not popular was so wrong!
As it is my car is still going ok, will see MOT next year though, but can not see me ever getting one sadly now at least not new. Its a shame as would of been perfect for my use.
Hope Suzuki can sort it out and keep up with demand etc.

What I find really baffling is, Suzuki aren't even making a killing on the Jimny being popular and neither are dealers.

Ok they might be able to sell an ex-demo for £1500-2000 over book. But it's a one off and hardly a drop in the ocean for most dealers turnover, even on a monthly basis.

I could understand more so if this was an M4 or a limited edition McLaren, where they could charge maybe £10-25k over book price (happens a lot in the USA). The new Shelby Mustang for example has been selling new for way over list price.

But all that is happening here is, everyone is loosing out and it is hardly doing Suzuki's reputation any favours.

Take myself for example. I'm ok waiting for a bit, but I'd like some certainty that it'll actually happen or not. And ultimately Suzuki offer nothing else of any interest to me. I've never owned a Suzuki before, I grew up on Land Rover (still own 2) and had the odd Jeep or so.

I actually really wanted a 3 door Wrangler JL, but Jeep are too greedy and priced it beyond my means. So I can't afford one.

The Suzuki is my 2nd choice and I feel a good choice, if it happens. But things like the Ineos Grenadier sound rather interesting. I don't know pricing yet, but at this rate they will be available before a Jimny is and price dependent could sway my decision.

The new Defender is a bit of a let down, I had high hopes, but they have just offered up a Discovery replacement. It actually looks good for what it is, just not really what I'm after. Plus they are priced a bit like the Wrangler is, which is too rich for me. Although there are rumours of a cheaper entry level variant.

What I'm trying to say is. I'm willing, ready and eager to be a Suzuki customer. But I'm not really convinced they actually want to sell cars or gain new customers ???

And with each passing month an Approved Used Wrangler or even something like a Ranger Raptor are likely getting more affordable. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2019 16:24 by 300bhpton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

More
18 Dec 2019 18:06 #216568 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'm with you 300.
Already looking elswhere including the Panda Cross 4x4, Dacia, and other you have mentioned.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds