BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2019 15:41 #206540 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Lambert wrote: The thing is that they will only fetch what the market will suffer and as soon as there's a sufficient supply the value will fall. At the moment as I am painfully aware the market is very buoyant especially for low mileage automatic ones but it will normalize in fairly short order.

With only around 2,600 jimnys on the roads in 2 years, prices are gonna remain very buoyant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2019 20:21 #206558 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I read a while ago that they will maintain maintain 61% of their value over three years @ an average 10,000 miles per year. That was via Parkers.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 12:31 #206577 by Andy2640
Just had a call from my dealership. Car has arrived early, payment to be made via BACS before collecting next Tuesday! thats pretty much a week early.

Unfortunately, the accessories are on back-order from Supplier, so i'm paying for them in full, and will take the jimny back later in the week for fitment.

Fabtastic, pictures to follow Tuesday then :-)

More
24 Apr 2019 12:36 #206578 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well done Andy! its been a roller coaster for you, looking forward to your pictures... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
24 Apr 2019 12:46 #206579 by stiffsteve204me
Great news, Andy. :)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Apr 2019 14:26 #206584 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
Excellent.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Apr 2019 15:40 #206591 by Bill Portland

Andy2640 wrote: Just had a call from my dealership. Car has arrived early, payment to be made via BACS before collecting next Tuesday! thats pretty much a week early.

Unfortunately, the accessories are on back-order from Supplier, so i'm paying for them in full, and will take the jimny back later in the week for fitment.

My joy for you is tempered by my frustration of the 6 month wait with multiple promises and I still don't know when it's coming.
I was told by my dealer that dealers aren't allowed to order options until the car is actually in the UK. What a system!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 15:46 - 24 Apr 2019 15:47 #206592 by Andy2640

Bill Portland wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: Just had a call from my dealership. Car has arrived early, payment to be made via BACS before collecting next Tuesday! thats pretty much a week early.

My joy for you is tempered by my frustration of the 6 month wait with multiple promises and I still don't know when it's coming.
I was told by my dealer that dealers aren't allowed to order options until the car is actually in the UK. What a system!

Well i actually share your concern Bill . So much so that i'm half expecting my jimny to arrive fully kitted up on Tuesday, with a welcome of:..... "Hello Mr Andy...unfortunately, the car has turned up with over £1500 of accessories already fitted......Do you still want it or not?". Hahaaaa! But i'm going to try and remain optimistic at this point, and hope thatthis (imagined) eventuality does NOT happen.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2019 15:47 by Andy2640.

More
24 Apr 2019 16:23 #206594 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: I was told by my dealer that dealers aren't allowed to order options until the car is actually in the UK. What a system!

Hmm, if thats the case I wonder how BigJimny can offer the options :)

However, there are serious backlogs in the accessories, they are trickling through

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 16:39 - 24 Apr 2019 17:41 #206595 by Andy2640
I think the dealers info (regarding them not ordering accessories beforehand) pertains to the dealer NOT knowing if there allocations will turn up kitted-up from the factory. That's what i meant by my comment, as in - If the dealer orders you £700 of accessories, and then your jimny turns up with kit already fitted and totally different, the dealer will be stuffed. And so too the customer, probably.

Ive heard many cases where the jim has turned up FULLY kitted up. The dealer then says to the customer, take it or leave it.

I also think some dealers aint been informed that the jims may turn up fully loaded, and so they take accessory orders early (like my dealer has).

Tuesday may be interesting in more ways than one ;-)

EDIT: COLLECTION DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO THIS> ......MONDAY :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Last edit: 24 Apr 2019 17:41 by Andy2640.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 18:51 #206606 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have ordered a Kenetic Grellow Sz5 with about £1800 of accessories, although I got a cracking deal and they only cost me £1150. So from reading the above.... I might get a car void of accessories..... with some but not what ordered or a mixture of some I do and some I dont??????? or a miracle and i get what i want. Confused of Hampshire.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 19:08 #206608 by Andy2640

Aj4x4 wrote: I have ordered a Kenetic Grellow Sz5 with about £1800 of accessories, although I got a cracking deal and they only cost me £1150. So from reading the above.... I might get a car void of accessories..... with some but not what ordered or a mixture of some I do and some I dont??????? or a miracle and i get what i want. Confused of Hampshire.

Holy cow AJ! You bought every accessory available or what lol??

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds