BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2019 20:53 #204542 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic New Jimny waiting list
A colleague out here in South Africa called a dealer to enquire 2 or 3 weeks ago and was told a years wait is the official comms received from Suzuki SA as the second shipment due in the next few months is already completely sold.

A colleague who has placed an order back in December when I received my SZ4 cannot get any more detail out of Suzuki either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2019 21:25 #204544 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote: Customer service these days is terrible. I rang my local dealer last week to give him a heads up on me wanting to part -ex my 2014 VW polo, which he told me to do if i changed my mind about doing so. I also wanted to snoop for updates on the list. I.e: Just to check i was defo number 6 on said list.

I usually deal with a chap called Nick, well he's the one who took my deposit etc. Rang last week, he was busy, so I left a message with his colleague for a call back....Result = No call received.

Ok mistakes happen, no worries i thought.......

On my way back home from a job, I called in the dealer. Seen Nick as i walked in, and he told me he was busy, and because my order was down the line, he had to prioritise other customers. Fair enough! He told me he'd ring me the next day to discuss things.......Result = Nothing, no call.

2 Days later i rang again, Sorry the chap said, nick is busy, can i leave a message. (Gave number again). Agent promised me a call back........Result = Nothing.

Rang today, and got through to him at last. Fair enough he said, apologised for not calling, and said we'll discuss part ex nearer the time, which was understandable and fine (Ive never part ex-d a car before). Before i finished the part ex convo, I had the chance to ask him about any updates on the list, or changes etc. He told me he'd call me back later today with all the details.........Result ....again = Nothing.

Dozy buggers!! Doesnt give me much confidence TBH.

And your happy with that kind of service and keepgetting fobbed off and going back ?
Go back in, get your deposit and tell them to feck off and go elsewhere.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2019 21:49 #204545 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Pmsl..... Of course, i feel like telling em to bleep off ;-) But if i'm off that list, i'm waiting over a year for certain.

But yeah..... this chap is a dozy old git. Funny actually, because my first contact with the dude was a decent experience (Haa when taking my dosh).
And to help my case, i tactically left a open ended review on google of the dealership. In short i said "great customer service, polite, friendly blah blah blah.....with the added caveat of "I will leave another review when the deals done.....Hope the good service continues....".

Anyways.... This situation reminds me of a plumber we had to call out once, when our pipe spilt and was flooding the house, couldn't get to the stop cock and he was a rude and nasty, offensive, mean old bugger. We so wanted to boot him out, but without him the damage would of been too bad to comprehend. Yeah... feels kinda the same ;-)

More
13 Mar 2019 22:16 #204547 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'm keeping quiet until I actually receive a vehicle, but after that the full truth and explanation of the 'experience' will certainly be aired in 'public'...

More
13 Mar 2019 22:22 #204548 by JodieMarie22
Replied by JodieMarie22 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I've been told 7 to 10 days and that it's in Grimsby for the last 3 weeks!

More
13 Mar 2019 22:44 #204549 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic New Jimny waiting list
[quote="grumyoldjoe" post=204544 tell them to feck off and go elsewhere.[/quote]
Bang on.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2019 12:03 #204566 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I think dealers tend to make it up as they go along and they don't have any more info than we do. It's frustrating all I want to know is a delivery date!.

More
14 Mar 2019 12:31 #204569 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic New Jimny waiting list

Hammo19 wrote: I think dealers tend to make it up as they go along and they don't have any more info than we do. It's frustrating all I want to know is a delivery date!.

My dealer essentially told me to forget it till 2020+.
TBH I am happy with that. I almost got hooked on a Vitara...........but wait, nooooooooo.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
14 Mar 2019 13:40 - 14 Mar 2019 13:50 #204576 by Bill Portland
Suzuki operate an online vehicle delivery tracking system so if your dealer doesn't have access to that he's probably not a fully authorized dealer (or he doesn't really have a car with your name on it). I know this cos I've been watching mine sit at Zeebrugge for the past 3 weeks :-(
Last edit: 14 Mar 2019 13:50 by Bill Portland.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2019 14:01 #204577 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well..... an hour ago i got through to my local dealership. I received some Awesome news! and some shocking news.

The great news came as a shocker, 4 people have dropped out, and i was now 2nd on the list. BRILLIANT i said!

However the next bit of news was shocking. He said:

"So thats the good news, the bad news is the latest from Suzuki GB, and they state no more cars coming now until 2020. My heart sank!

Phoned Suzi GB, and they tell me a slightly different story (sound familiar?).

They said the 2nd quarter has been allocated to dealers, but they wont know whats coming into the UK after that.

So......Just as confused as ever.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2019 14:56 #204579 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Probably better call Michel Barnier - He'll be able to tell you what the EU position on the Suzuki waiting list is...…………..

More
14 Mar 2019 15:43 #204583 by MrChips
Replied by MrChips on topic New Jimny waiting list
Spoke to my local dealer today. I put a deposit down on 20/1/18 though they weren't able to put an order through.
He is still saying the same thing he did back then. Hope fully able to order in April. Outside chance of some allocation around that time, but don't hold your breath. Most likely end of this year, beginning of next for delivery. I'm 1st of 5 waiting to order.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds