BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spark plugs

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2018 16:08 - 31 Dec 2018 16:12 #199785 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Spark plugs
Hi guys ah that’s great yep got it thank you for your time and effort with this it’s not come yet but I think I no how to do it happy new year to you and thank you xxxx
Last edit: 31 Dec 2018 16:12 by Cremator1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2019 11:09 #199813 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Spark plugs
Well-done Jack - that's all good belt 'n braces stuff!
Painted witness-marks are a very good old-fashioned indicator still used in modern aerospace engineering. Paint-pens... endless uses for those things!

My only worry now is that you have failed to wirelock them :evil: :evil: :laugh:

I see so many photos of peoples vintage car restorations some of which reveal some dangerous omissions (split-pins the most common), so I'm never afraid to mention stuff like that - you never know it might save someones bacon one day.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 11:11 #199814 by Cremator1
What’s wire lock do I need to do that to my damper

More
01 Jan 2019 11:17 #199815 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Spark plugs
LOL no - dont worry. Wirelocking is just another method of locking nuts and bolts widely used in motor racing and aviation since the beginning of time.

WIRELOCKING INFO

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Attachments:

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 11:30 #199816 by Cremator1
Ah ok thank you dawn

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2019 09:29 #199994 by Cremator1
Ok so fitted steering damper how tight do tighten the 2 nuts they attache the damper to the brackets all seems ok but there is a slight grouch sounds like the rubbers on the damper when I go to full lock

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2019 09:32 - 04 Jan 2019 09:32 #199995 by Cremator1
does this look right
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jan 2019 09:32 by Cremator1.

More
04 Jan 2019 12:12 #199997 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Spark plugs
I just took any free play out of the damper rubber mounts by hand then locked it off with the lock nuts (second nut). It looks OK so long as you are not hitting the damper limit on full lock. As the damper moves you may hear a "squeezed liquid" type sound, its the oil in the damper moving around. Been for a drive yet, what do you think of it?

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2019 12:22 #199998 by Cremator1
Hi ya yes been for a drive feels good what do you mean by hitting damper limit maybe I have tightened the damper rubber nuts up to tight tighten them quite a bit

More
04 Jan 2019 12:47 #200001 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Spark plugs
The damper can only physically move from fully open to fully closed, at each end of these extremes it will stop moving, these are the damper limits to which I refer. When you fitted the damper it should have been in the middle its movement stroke, i.e in the middle of these two end limits.
With your steer straight ahead and the damper in the middle of its movement stroke, fitting it should allow your steering to move fully left / right without reaching these damper limits.
You can check you got this correct by undoing a damper mounting bolt with the steering at full lock, you should still have a little damper travel left in the same direction to which it was travelling.
Hope this makes sense.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
04 Jan 2019 16:24 #200010 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Spark plugs
That looks fine where it is :)
Mine makes the rubber rumbling groaning noise lol
You will notice less ounce your into any journey

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2019 20:06 #200023 by Cremator1
Hi. Guys yes makes full sense now thank for your help xx

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds