BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Spark plugs

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 16:57 #199721 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Spark plugs
Ok thank you I shall get the kit scimike posted it’s on eBay 59 pounds that one should be ok for me I think dawn x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2018 17:03 #199722 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Spark plugs
Yes that kit will work fine :)
I used the same armstrong damper with the brackets i made ;)

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 17:08 #199723 by Cremator1
Thank u just ordered it now how to fit don’t tell me I got to start measuring stuff lol x

More
30 Dec 2018 17:21 #199724 by jackonlyjack
lol yes but it's very straight forward stuff you will need a pencil
1,stand the damper on some wood/carpet/steel toe cap boot(this is to protect the end)
push down on it till it stops draw a line
2,pull it apart as far as it goes draw a line
3,measure the distance between the 2 lines put a mark at this point
4,push damper back in till it gets to the mark draw a line
and thats it ready to bolt on :)

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 17:33 - 30 Dec 2018 17:34 #199726 by Cremator1
Mmmmm sounds ok not sure about point 4 which mark do you push it back to the last mark u made
Last edit: 30 Dec 2018 17:34 by Cremator1.

More
30 Dec 2018 18:02 - 30 Dec 2018 18:05 #199730 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Spark plugs
I can take some photos of mine fitted in the morning as you have the same if needed, however fitting it is easy.
Bolt on the large hanger mount to the chassis, two bolts, only fits in one place.
Push the damper full in and then fully out, mark these two travel points on the damper and then find the middle between these two marks. Set the damper in the middle of the stroke, ^^^as Jack said.
Fit the (now centered) damper to the chassis mount and the other supplied mount to the steering arm and damper. Do this with the vehicle wheels pointing straight ahead.
Check that at full lock in each direction that the damper does not exceed or hit the out two outer travel points you first marked on the damper. If they dont all is good, check everything is tight and enjoy your new steering damper.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 30 Dec 2018 18:05 by Scimike.

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 18:05 #199731 by Cremator1
Ah ok got it if you do get a chance to take some photos of where the brackets go that would help please thank you to both of you for your help dawn xx

More
31 Dec 2018 10:12 - 31 Dec 2018 10:14 #199763 by Scimike
Well its a gloomy day here in the Potteries, it may as well be dark. So sorry about the photos, as good as they get with a tourch and tablet camera.

This is the chassis mount bracket, photo taken from passenger side wheel arch.

This is the damper and the other bracket, it attaches to the steering rod near the power steering drop arm. (Its the front steering rod).

In the above photograph the damper is connected to the silver coloured rod near the ball joint. The black rod (tie rod) is not involved, its just poor photography making it look so.

Hope this helps, if not ask.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2018 10:14 by Scimike.

More
31 Dec 2018 10:49 #199768 by jackonlyjack
Even though mines home made you can see it fits almost identical
the reason my damper is fitted opposite way round is to stop water being trapped in the outer sleeve
Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2018 11:44 #199771 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Spark plugs
Jack

What is that large orange coloured bush in the bottom right side of that picture - only there is a nut on that that doesn't look to be "in safety" - ie there is no thread protruding through it :ohmy:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
31 Dec 2018 11:47 - 31 Dec 2018 11:48 #199772 by Scimike
On a standard Jimny with no lift the damper kit I used will sit horizontal to the car, so the orientation makes little difference. But its a good point, if yours is lifted in any way or you plan this then mount it as Jack has shown^^^^

Last edit: 31 Dec 2018 11:48 by Scimike.

More
31 Dec 2018 12:46 - 31 Dec 2018 12:49 #199774 by jackonlyjack

Max Headroom wrote: Jack

What is that large orange coloured bush in the bottom right side of that picture - only there is a nut on that that doesn't look to be "in safety" - ie there is no thread protruding through it :ohmy:

LOL very safe all my radius arm bolts are double nutted
So torqued up then another nut added then locked together :)
Also all bolts are witness marked with paint pen :cheer:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2018 12:49 by jackonlyjack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds