BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Buy a Jimny from UK cos the tat over here is over priced rubbish

• muto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2018 23:04 #198763 by muto
just to comment about the price in UK. They are CHEAP. But many have severe corrosion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2018 23:17 #198764 by j999pre
This is really very very solid. I agree there are rotten ones. I've broken many, a few this age that were rotten but this is solid.

Boot for instance

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
02 Jan 2019 23:49 #199922 by Dirtbird
Lads anyone up near Edinburgh . Have done a deal on a Jinny need to install a rear shock and drive home just wondering if anyone within 20 mins of Edinburgh??

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Jan 2019 17:55 #199966 by Riccy
Theres a fella called Cliff Totney (big_tot on ebay) who breaks jimnys. he is at Haddington, about 20 mins east of edinburgh if thats any help.

I think forum member Venter lives up there somewhere also.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
07 Jan 2019 13:31 #200120 by Dirtbird
Riccy thanks fella got sorted.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
07 Jan 2019 13:42 - 07 Jan 2019 14:00 #200121 by Dirtbird
Righ this is what I saw :
www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki/off-road-ready/1325242948
Im going to get the correspondence between me an Bob types up in the form of a conversation . (less than 10 messages over and back)
In a nut shell I asked is it still for sale . He said yes . I asked would it drive to the ferry He said yes . I offered €950 he said fine and accepted . I said Im in Ireland . He said ok . I said it will take me a day or to to get organised he said Ill hold it for you .
Saturday the 5th Jan set off at 12 midnight for the plane got to Edinburgh 745 am Sunday the 7th Bob picked me up with my eldest son 40 min later we are in Lord of the rings country and 30 mins later were heading for the ferry to Belfast.
So every one in my family though this was nuts and we would vanish never to be seen again and Everyone in Bobs family though he was nuts as well .
It turns out Jimny people are the top 10% of humanity and we had an epic Journey through what is the most rugged and beautiful country side you could imagine .

So the next time you guys are planning an adventure got nort lads its epic. Cairnryan Scotland waiting for the Ferry to Belfast knew the shock was missing and had drive a Landrover Lincoln to Londan once with the same problem should have strapped it but we got away with it

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jan 2019 14:00 by Dirtbird.

More
07 Jan 2019 13:56 #200122 by Dirtbird
I got some really good advice here lads and great info which helped me drop the hammer on this fine machine 2004 and all the electric are working accept the light behind the heating controls .

Delighted lads thanks

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Jan 2019 13:59 #200123 by Lambert
Don't worry. Its not a honey trap for the hotel California, honestly! Well probably not.

Maybe.

It's a local car, for local people!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Jan 2019 14:06 #200124 by Dirtbird

Lambert wrote: Don't worry. Its not a honey trap for the hotel California, honestly! Well probably not.

Maybe.

It's a local car, for local people!

It has to be the biggest 4X4 gamble. We have all been in the ace hole of nowhere with something that just was not as advertised .......Bob was just one of those decent people . We dicided we would give him The £1000 as he had picked us up from the Plane . 2019 epic start.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Jan 2019 14:18 #200127 by Lambert
That's karma in action right there, being nice to people isn't a waste of time and effort!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
07 Jan 2019 18:43 #200133 by Riccy
Congrats on getting home safe! The rear shock shouldnt have been a big problem. Needs a good wash under there though! :laugh:

Whats with the odd grey/black camo paint job then?

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
08 Jan 2019 22:54 #200217 by Dirtbird
Riccy recon the Jimny had fallen into the hands of a teenager and the teenagers Grandfather rescued the Jimny . I see from your Profile your in Carlisle . You have got to organise a spin up your way man its better than I ever imagined and I can only imagine what the high lads are going to be like when I go there this summer man .............what a place.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds