BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Light wiring

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2018 14:43 #198230 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Light wiring
I'm still not entirely sure how or way but it's done and works thanks for everyones I put much appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2018 22:17 #198254 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Light wiring
I couldn't get my head around it either but Dave Jones provided the diagram on an old post and I trust him, so tried it and of course, he was right, it works.

You have to apply the same diagram for anything else that is not stand alone too I suppose as it will also be negative switched.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
28 Nov 2018 06:22 #198265 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Light wiring
Are they definitely on only with main beam?

The wiring diagram clearly shows the red with white bands as the dip beam, and the plain red as main, connecting to the main beam indicator in the dash. Maybe Suzuki are wrong, or someone wired all the cars backwards.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Nov 2018 00:49 #198322 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Light wiring
Mole. Glad they are working for you.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2018 10:34 - 29 Nov 2018 10:35 #198344 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Light wiring
Yep definitely only on high beam I gave up trying to get my head round exactly what was happening as Im not very good with electrics and did as explained above and work a treat the high beam wire was the solid red but had gray dots I beleve
Last edit: 29 Nov 2018 10:35 by Mole. Reason: Missed a bit out

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds