BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?

• Jasonmatthew911
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2018 21:44 #197152 by Jasonmatthew911
Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019? was created by Jasonmatthew911
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the Jimny, but I have a 2019 Jimny reserved, will have it by December...I really wanted to know if anyone knows the biggest/widest tire size that can be used on the new Jimny, since it looks slightly bigger than older models...Any chance I could fit 31x10.50R15 tires with just some 2" Spacers and no lifting, or at least 30x9.50R15 Tires with Spacers and no lifting?...These are the sizes I'd like to have on the Jimny without lifting, but I'm aware that maybe I can't without lifting...Although the new Jimny seemed to have a lot of extra room under guards as opposed to the older smaller Jimny models.

I'm trying to avoid lifting for the first 3 years I have the car, otherwise I will void the guarantee, but I really want to stick wheels out a bit from Guards to add stability and a better look since Jimny is a bit narrow in my opinion...I live in Panama, so it's not ilegal to have tires sticking out beyond guards here...I'd basically like if anyone here knows how big/wide I can get with the New 2019 Suzuki Jimny, without lifting, I can add Spacers if necassary...Hopefully someone can help me out here, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2018 01:18 - 30 Oct 2018 01:42 #197154 by zukebob
I think all that you will get from the forum is speculation. If your reservation is successful, and you have a new model in December, you will likely be the first forum member owning one. I haven't heard of any others yet. You will probably be the one telling us if those fit without other modifications (lift, bump stop extensions, trimming fenders).

Judging by (looks only) the current tire size I've seen, which is 195/80r15 (assuming it's a JB74 in your market and not the JB64), my speculation is that they wouldn't fit without some modification. The larger tire size you mention is almost a 2 inch radial increase. At full suspension compression I would have to guess that they would contact the arches....especially with spacers.

I think everyone on the forum would appreciate a post with the results if you give it a go.

Bob

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 30 Oct 2018 01:42 by zukebob.

More
05 Nov 2018 13:38 #197323 by Bill Portland

Jasonmatthew911 wrote: Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the Jimny, but I have a 2019 Jimny reserved, will have it by December...

Mind if I ask where you've got one reserved?

My local dealer has no news about dates, specs or anything.

More
05 Nov 2018 14:24 #197325 by mlines
Dealers will get their demonstrators in December

Customers will get their vehicles in January

Dealers will get between 2 and 3 cars per month. If everyone on the known waiting lists turns out to be a real customer then that puts the waiting list as already 10-12 months.

Cars will be sent out almost at random to dealers. If you are first on the list and want a green one and only yellow ones turn up then other people jump ahead of you. In theory you could be first on the list but bounce down the queue month on month until the one you want arrives.

They are looking at how to ramp up production as they are already running flat out before the new markets come online in January

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

More
05 Nov 2018 14:29 #197326 by Bill Portland

mlines wrote: Dealers will get their demonstrators in December

Customers will get their vehicles in January

Dealers will get between 2 and 3 cars per month. If everyone on the known waiting lists turns out to be a real customer then that puts the waiting list as already 10-12 months.

Cars will be sent out almost at random to dealers. If you are first on the list and want a green one and only yellow ones turn up then other people jump ahead of you. In theory you could be first on the list but bounce down the queue month on month until the one you want arrives.

They are looking at how to ramp up production as they are already running flat out before the new markets come online in January

Martin

Thanks Martin

Which list are you referring to? Are individual dealers supposed to be keeping a list of their prospective customers?

More
05 Nov 2018 14:34 #197327 by mlines
Some (but not all I understand) are creating a list. Suzuki has asked for this list. Some are charging a deposit to go on the list, others are "free"

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
05 Nov 2018 14:35 #197328 by mlines
Where in the country are you?

Martin

More
05 Nov 2018 14:56 #197329 by Bill Portland

More
05 Nov 2018 18:21 #197343 by Bill Portland
A few emails exchanged with my local dealer this afternoon and he's started a list and I'm no. 1 on it!
Cost me a £250 refundable deposit.
Thanks Martin, I used your post text to persuade him and it worked.
The dealer's training day is later in the month so he expects to have more details (pricing, specs, etc) after that.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

More
06 Nov 2018 07:51 #197380 by mlines
No problem.

They must be phasing the training as my friendly dealer has done some of theirs, including sending the workshop guys on the maintenance course.

Martin

• Jasonmatthew911
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2018 23:46 #197445 by Jasonmatthew911
Replied by Jasonmatthew911 on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?
I have it reserved in Panama, I'm living in the Rep. of Panama...Arrives around the end of this month...I saw a guy fit 235/70R16 Tyres/Wheels on the new Jimny, so I'm thinking of trying with a 255/70R15 which is slightly wider but around the same height...I'll let you all know what it can handle without lifting...Cheers!

• Yameez
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2018 12:57 #198890 by Yameez
Replied by Yameez on topic Tyre Sizes for New Suzuki Jimny 2019?
I too have one in country being registered. It comes with 195/80R15. I found them to look thin and will look into acceptable other sizes. My worry is that the 2010 model I had was really sensitive to tyre sizes, and I'm not sure what upgrades are in this model for stability.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds