BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Car Engine Temperature - overheating?

More
09 May 2018 12:05 #192551 by Jezz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnd there you go. Due to this post i end up buying something i didn't even know i needed. Will give me something to look at when the screen has so much mud on it i can't see out.

It's been fettled just a tad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• apayne
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2018 13:22 #192554 by apayne
Replied by apayne on topic Car Engine Temperature - overheating?
Thanks Jezz for the diagram and you're welcome for the post ;)

Any advice for the overly hot engine? I've drained the radiator and also going to check the thermostat is working fine.

More
09 May 2018 13:40 #192556 by X8GGY
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAHa! After some searching and reading "Jinglish"...

This one appears to offer - "7. Car speed error correction--Adjust speed shown on display in accordance with speedometer if necessary"

More
09 May 2018 13:53 #192557 by Jezz
That's the same as i posted earlier, but the one i posted was nearly half that price.

More
09 May 2018 15:02 #192560 by X8GGY
Ummm, oh dear, I just bought that one on the basis it does speedo correction...

I'll get my coat ;)

More
09 May 2018 18:59 #192568 by Jezz
All that potential doughnut and pie money wasted.:silly: :silly: :laugh: :laugh:

More
10 May 2018 12:45 #192580 by X8GGY
On the plus side though, it was a UK seller, it's been despatched and is due tomorrow... ;)

More
10 May 2018 17:32 #192584 by Busta

apayne wrote: Any advice for the overly hot engine? I've drained the radiator and also going to check the thermostat is working fine.

If the temperature gauge is reading in the middle, and there are no symptoms other than the engine being hotter to the touch than you expected, I'd be willing to suggest everything is completely normal and you are being paranoid.

• apayne
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2018 17:44 #192586 by apayne
Replied by apayne on topic Car Engine Temperature - overheating?

Busta wrote:

apayne wrote: Any advice for the overly hot engine? I've drained the radiator and also going to check the thermostat is working fine.

If the temperature gauge is reading in the middle, and there are no symptoms other than the engine being hotter to the touch than you expected, I'd be willing to suggest everything is completely normal and you are being paranoid.

Thanks. I've got an OBD2 reader now that shows me coolant temp readings etc. so will flush the rad, put new coolant in and take it for a run whist checking the readings. If it's above the 80-90 degrees range I'll come back to you

More
10 May 2018 19:36 #192588 by kirkynut
I bought the Maxitrip years ago soon after Martin showed his for the first time and now have a Scanguage 2.

My temperature in my 2000 twin cam has always been 89'c around town until I stop in traffic, when it goes up to 92'c until I pull off or rest my foot on the throttle to speed up the pump and get the colder coolant through from the radiator.

When I'm at speed with high revs or on a long incline, it might go to 93'c or at tops 95'c.

So there's your bench marks.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
10 May 2018 23:17 #192590 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Jezz wrote: Or cheaper Chinese version of the same thing.

I like this. My Celerio only has a warning light for engine coolant temp so would this work as a coolant temp gauge for it?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
11 May 2018 08:56 #192594 by Jezz
I believe so. Dave S200KYS has ordered one of these, So give him a shout and when he gets his i'm sure he will be happy to confirm for you.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds