BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fitting a kill switch.

• starletman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2018 11:28 #191893 by starletman
Fitting a kill switch. was created by starletman
I am going to be fitting an external kill switch but can't seem to find a suitable placement for it.Where do other people put them as there is no panel between the windscreen and bonnet to fit one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
19 Apr 2018 17:18 #191898 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Fitting a kill switch.
The only kill switch i have is for the winch, and thats under the bonnet. The front wing or bumper is probs the only place to fit one on the outside

The competitions ive been to just ask that the negative batt cable is marked with yellow tape, no need for an isolator.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2018 17:23 #191900 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Fitting a kill switch.
I have one for competition due to our club insurance. It has to isolate the battery and stop the engine in one operation. :)

Attachments:

• starletman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2018 17:39 #191902 by starletman
Replied by starletman on topic Fitting a kill switch.
The competitions i enter require an external one.I don't want to put it on the wing as it will get knocked.I may end up cutting a hole in the corner of the bonnet for it to stick through.
Surely the ignition key isolates everything from inside the car.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2018 06:38 #191921 by 1066Boy
MSA rules state that one switch should cut the engine and isolate the battery/electrics in one operation. Simplest outside spot would be the front grill fitted to the plastic badge.

More
20 Apr 2018 16:30 #191954 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Fitting a kill switch.
The switch is generally fitted in the centre of the dash within reach of driver and co-driver. An external pull cable is fitted outside (I reckon it would fit on the wiper scuttle with the sticker on the corner of the bonnet) and this is plumbed through to the internal toggle switch.

Clubmans quality just cuts the main battery cable, FIA standard is tied to the alternator wiring also, ensuring 0volt output.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1066Boy

More
25 Apr 2018 06:10 #192134 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Fitting a kill switch.
Possible to use a remote operated one? put a big starter relay next to the battery and a small switch wherever.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2018 06:24 #192136 by 1066Boy
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds