BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Interior pictures?

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Aug 2017 04:43 #183268 by Lambert
Interior pictures? was created by Lambert
Hi there, can someone please point me in the direction of the back of a Jimny that has been stripped out and bedlinered? I am trying to decide if that would be more practical than my plywood tray. Cheers in advance.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2017 06:07 #183308 by fozzie
Replied by fozzie on topic Interior pictures?
Sorry for being thick, but please, what is 'Bedlined or Bedlinered'.

For practicality, I have a plywood tray with a 100mm upstand behind the seats (to reduce the chance of objects from hitting the back of the seats when braking) covered in ribbed rubber I bought from Amazon. All in all it makes my Jim a neat little van :)

2012 Jimny Black. Totally standard (except for rear seat removal mod).

• ant0
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2017 11:30 #183324 by ant0
Replied by ant0 on topic Interior pictures?
Don't have a photo of the bare metal just sprayed as a finished article, but noise would be a primary concern if just spraying bedliner over the metal. The more common ply trays give decent sound deadening in comparison.

• Cameronmike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2017 15:17 #183331 by Cameronmike
Replied by Cameronmike on topic Interior pictures?
Dunno if this is of any help but the guy that had mine before me covered the back in kind of rubbery sound deadening stuff, might be good for what your thinking of but only thing is it kinda seals in all the inevitable Jimny boot rust. The actual rubber stuff itself though is pretty robust.
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
10 Aug 2017 16:16 #183334 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Interior pictures?

fozzie wrote: Sorry for being thick, but please, what is 'Bedlined or Bedlinered'.

For practicality, I have a plywood tray with a 100mm upstand behind the seats (to reduce the chance of objects from hitting the back of the seats when braking) covered in ribbed rubber I bought from Amazon. All in all it makes my Jim a neat little van :)

Bed liner is the spray on polyurethane coating that is essentially impervious to mechanical abuse and used amongst other things to line pickup beds it is tintable and usually textured. There are two benefits for me first it would afford more volume and secondly it is lighter than the ply tray. The main disadvantage being the contoured nature of the boot floor.

More
10 Aug 2017 22:08 #183344 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Interior pictures?
I don't have any pictures but in my old Jimmy I took out the seats and just left it as the metal floor. Always had it full of tools, chainsaws, axes etc. Never had any issues other than it not looking particularly tidy.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
11 Aug 2017 04:27 #183347 by Lambert
This is primarily what I am trying to get my head round having done it in the past to a few other cars but they were all expected to do a lot less work than the Jimny does. Most of the jobs that the Jimny does involve some form of containerised system be it sheep food in tubs or whatever to try and keep it neat hence the plywood tray to slide things in and out. However the tray is simply a rectangular shape that is limited to the width between the arches or the width of the plastic covers over them whereas if I remove the tray and all the plastics up to the headliner and then affix a separate bulkhead to accommodate the void of the rear foot wells that will make more space available even if it is a funky shape and i can't get a bigger cube in between the arches it is still more space. I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
11 Aug 2017 04:35 #183348 by Lambert
I suppose one solution could be a hybrid of the two systems, no arch plastics and a sculpted plywood floor and bulkhead, anyone done that that can post a picture?

• Dizzy37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2018 12:41 - 11 Jul 2018 12:43 #194189 by Dizzy37
Replied by Dizzy37 on topic Interior pictures?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2018 12:43 by Dizzy37. Reason: Computer doofus!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds