BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

The beige Jimny gets a snorkel...

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
13 Jun 2017 19:59 #181983 by X8GGY
Thanks Riccy ;)

Yup, bung the hole otherwise deep water will just rise up through the drain hole... :(

Gearings good then? ;) Like a hot-hatch? LOL :lol:

Been thinking... I wonder what's inside this intestinal gubbins ? -

I'll let "Mr. Angry" - my angle grinder - take a look tomorrow... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Jun 2017 06:22 #181993 by Riccy
Yes, hot hatch territory, not tried much as the brakes are naff until i find a friend to help bleed them.

I think the squiggly thing is a 'resonator', and will probs be full of nothing. I think its to reduce noise and/or trap water coming in before it gets to the airbox. Mr angry will shed some light on it no doubt!

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
14 Jun 2017 10:21 - 14 Jun 2017 10:28 #182006 by X8GGY
Snorkel finished :)

Nothing inside the air gubbins? I thought it would loop round to stop water getting into the air box...? Ho-hum

Bracket fitted inside door jam...

Hidden by the door when closed

And that's put the head in it's place...

Bit of mastic in the aerial hole where the cable pops out for the roof lights... I'll have to do them an other day, as swapping to the blue Jimny now to get it ready for the weekend...

SO... not a bad little snorkel, I like the style and 'subtly' of it for a daily driver offroad wanabee ;)

Some instructions would have been good, even in a different language as I could have translated them with Google or at least had some photos to reference.

Shame that it covers the aerial on UK models, bear that in mind if you are considering one of this type of snorkel.

Apart from that, yup, happy with it. I didn't want a big sticky out head at the end of the day
B)

Last edit: 14 Jun 2017 10:28 by X8GGY.

More
14 Jun 2017 23:28 #182041 by Keithy
Looks to be a plenum chamber Dave

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
15 Jun 2017 05:58 #182045 by X8GGY
Thanks Keithy, I'll have a Google... ;)

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds