BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Short Snorkel connecting the Air Pipe

More
04 May 2017 13:08 #180895 by Bornagainoffroader
So I just been fitting a snorkel to my Jimny it's the short version, I did quite a bit of research before I fitted it and used some useful tips like using the rubber intake pipe from the air box to fit over the none round tube on the snorkel, and cutting a bit off the pipe under the wing to stop it crushing when I fitted the flexy and did the clip up, all was good when I connected everything together off vehicle, but come to fit it all together once the snorkel is fitted and is a different story, there's no room, I managed to fit the rubber connector to the snorkel and push it all through the hole but it was a fiddle, but try to get the flexy pipe on to the rubber pipe and it's near impossible, it's a one handed job and not many options to angle the jubilee clip as it's so close to the inner wing.
So anyone else fitted one? and if so how did you get round the clearance issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 14:01 #180896 by jackonlyjack
following this as i am going to fit mine this weekend
not going to use the flexi pipe i have sum radiator hose

Jack

More
04 May 2017 16:30 #180901 by Bornagainoffroader
I thought this was going to be easy, so far the rivets supplied for the a post brackets were too tough and the rivet gun would not crush them so had to go out and by new ones, like I said you cannot fit the piping to the snorkel first and push it through the hole as the jubilee clips get stuck just not enough room, I have just spent over an hour trying to get the pipe on the end of the snorkel, it's all feel, I thought I had done it, gave it a pull and it did not budge thought great at last, I then did the easy bit, fitting to the air box, cut the pipe, fantastic nice neat routing, then I noticed my school boy error, I had not bolted the vacuum tank back, and yes when I did the pipe did not fit as the tank was in the way.

More
04 May 2017 18:14 #180908 by jackonlyjack
sorry to here that pal :(
are you in the UK ?
as i said i may not be using the flexi pipe supplied
so i could post you mine ;)
that's if the rubber hose i have can be used

Jack

More
04 May 2017 18:40 #180909 by Bornagainoffroader
Yes I am in the UK, Thanks for the offer but hopefully I have one idea to try tomorrow and that maybe re-positioning the canister if that's possible, advantage of that would be the hose will run straight, not that I feel like doing anything, I started this on Tuesday, man flu set in on Wednesday so did not touch it and today this happens and what makes it worse it was my fault.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds