BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Matriculation to France...

• jospice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2017 11:53 #179765 by jospice
Matriculation to France... was created by jospice
hi
I bought a suzuki jimny 02 back in the UK in Jan . which I have started the joyful process of trying to register here... I wrote to Suzuki and paid my fee to get a certificate of conformity. They sent me an email today saying Japan has no record of my vehicle as it was made at a factory in Spain that was closed down and records were destroyed.... Therefore there is no record of this vehicle being manufactured??? This seems very odd to me and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this or can think of what I could do ??? I am dealing with the French system who are very very official on their paperwork (sigh...) my car is 2005. any ideas or thoughts greatly appreciated !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rappey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2017 16:51 #179777 by rappey
Replied by rappey on topic Matriculation to France...
I,ve no idea there, but suzuki uk should be able to provide a certificate as the vehicle is already homologated for EU use so is acceptable in each country.. Its meant to be easy re registering a vehicle in another eu country !

More
30 Mar 2017 20:48 - 30 Mar 2017 20:49 #179788 by mlines
Aren't the certificates in the user manual?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 30 Mar 2017 20:49 by mlines.

More
31 Mar 2017 13:45 #179797 by gilburton
The French are ridiculous when it comes to regulation.
A few years ago I bought a LHD SJ which originally came from Germany. I got it for my brother who lives in France.
Could he get it registered? Not a chance. Despite it being UK registered and most stickers/tags being in German as far as they were concerned it didn't exist.
It was scrapped in the end.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

• rappey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2017 17:34 #179802 by rappey
Replied by rappey on topic Re:Matriculation to France...
wow, the french are being a pain in the butt.. wouldnt it be easier to sell the jimny here, then buy a french one, at least the wheel would then be on the correct side!
I had a lhd golf from germany, filled out the forms, mot, a few parts (lighting)changed and that was it!

More
08 Apr 2017 13:10 #180066 by Obarno
I have had no problems registering a Spanish registered Samurai and a UK registerd Jimny in France.The j
Jimny is there and registered. In each case I phoned Suzuki France and bought a certificate of Conformity from them. It has to be in French otherwise they won't accept it. Then insure the car in France on its original country registration plates, take it for a Contrôle Trchnique on its origianal plates. With all of this, and the original registration docs go to the Bureau des Impôts where they will check and see if any import tax is due, which it won't be on a previously registerd and used EU vehicle. The take all the docs in several copies to the Sous Prefecture office for your area and they will issue you a temporary Carte Grise, registration doc. With this you can get the new plates made and change the insurance etc to the new registration. On both occasions I did all of this in a morning.
Good luck!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds