BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

ZookBOB - An Introduction

More
22 Feb 2018 18:39 #189609 by Chrisl
Replied by Chrisl on topic ZookBOB - An Introduction
It couldn’t have been a “fatboy” pastie Bob, My bits dropped through my letterbox today - will leave eBay feedback.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
22 Feb 2018 19:26 - 22 Feb 2018 19:26 #189616 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic ZookBOB - An Introduction

Chrisl wrote: It couldn’t have been a “fatboy” pastie Bob, My bits dropped through my letterbox today - will leave eBay feedback.
Many thanks.

Did I mention I have a Post Office in my shop ;)

All the Bits4Vits and ZookBOB parts are in the storeroom, a whole 5 metre walk from the Post Office ;)

Thanks!
;)
Last edit: 22 Feb 2018 19:26 by X8GGY.

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
23 Feb 2018 16:05 #189643 by X8GGY
Results of fitting ARB spacers...

As predicted the droplinks have straightened out (a little, I may need some bigger spacers as I'm running 5" of lift, but you can see the positive effect of fitting these!)

Before -

After -

Chuffed B)

(I'm easily pleased :lol: )
Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2018 10:56 #189702 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic ZookBOB - An Introduction
So tell me about getting hold of one of your dis-connecting ARB's Dave. I have my old one hung up in the garage so could send it for the work to be done. There's a chance I might start using it as my daily and if I do I suppose putting this back on might be the right thing to do, but only if it dis-connects for laning.

Cheers

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
27 Feb 2018 14:34 #189729 by X8GGY

kirkynut wrote: So tell me about getting hold of one of your dis-connecting ARB's Dave. I have my old one hung up in the garage so could send it for the work to be done. There's a chance I might start using it as my daily and if I do I suppose putting this back on might be the right thing to do, but only if it dis-connects for laning.

Cheers

Kirkynut

Hi ;) I feel the problem with another suppliers offering is that the home builder doesn't have the facilities or possibly skills, to cut and weld the bar, so I figured there was a market for complete ARBs with disconnects already fitted, offered on an 'exchange basis', i.e. I sell the 'new' bar on eBay with the price including a £20 deposit refundable when I get your old bar back, and that goes to make the next batch, etc, etc...

I've got a few bars collected up and ready (with thanks to James J999PRE), so I'm just waiting on the profile cut arms to come back, I have amassed all the other bits ready, including the aforementioned ARB spacer blocks needed as my arms have a bit more meat around them where they are welded to the original ARB bar...

Then I can get them built up and welded, and then powder coated ready to fit...

I'll give them a mention when they are ready ;)

Dave 'ZookBOB' B)

More
27 Feb 2018 16:21 #189732 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic ZookBOB - An Introduction
I'll keep an eye out then Dave. I did see you asking for bars to use but thought I'd need mine for an exchange as you say.

Ta.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
10 Dec 2018 17:51 - 10 Dec 2018 17:54 #198853 by X8GGY
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 17:54 by X8GGY.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds