BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

a visit to Strata Florida on Sunday 27th November ...

More
28 Nov 2016 17:22 #175031 by maverick
Unusually, but some people on BigJimny.com do actually drive their Jimny's OFFROAD, as seen in anothert Blog:

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/strata-florida.../11/16/blog_356.html

Jalapeño, IISY?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, gusthegorilla, jackonlyjack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 19:07 #175034 by jackonlyjack
very nice shame Rex the Cat had to take the early bath
on another note any of you know how Rex rates them federal tyres he as fitted ;)

Jack

More
29 Nov 2016 00:30 #175045 by Keithy
Every Jimny should go round the strata.....brilliant area!

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2016 13:48 #175061 by Reloaded
Yep, love Strata Florida. I wouldn't say it was 'offroad' though.

• rexthecat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2016 23:23 #175100 by rexthecat
Yup real bugger to leave early.....so gutted I've avoided looking at the blog till now, sort of 'take a look at what you coulda won'. The really annoying thing is it's such a simple and cheap fix that transfer bushing. I say simple.....also a complete bugger to twist that sprung collar upside down in the mud, massive thanks to Dave and Brett for sorting that. But yeah really should have thought to sort that bushing before going, always been a bit of an arse going in and out of 4wd. Sorted now though and just gotta say well lesson learned :(

I rate them Federals I put on, pretty aggressive for a non remould and not had any prob with getting traction off road. On road their loads quieter and better balanced than the 235/85/16 special tracks I had on. With 31s and 5:1 box can pretty much 'fly' along at 65-70mph and can still actually hear some music.

More
02 Dec 2016 11:48 #175172 by X8GGY
No problem Steve, always happy to help ;)

Dave

More
02 Dec 2016 11:58 - 02 Dec 2016 12:02 #175173 by X8GGY

Reloaded wrote: Yep, love Strata Florida. I wouldn't say it was 'offroad' though.

I think Brett meant "Unusually, but some people on BigJimny.com do actually drive their Jimny's off the tarmac " then? ;)

He posted the link this time, as I said I wasn't going to link it from here this time, due to the apathy our blogs have received in the past... just a couple of comments normally :(
Last edit: 02 Dec 2016 12:02 by X8GGY.

More
02 Dec 2016 13:01 #175174 by Keithy

S200KYS wrote:

Reloaded wrote: Yep, love Strata Florida. I wouldn't say it was 'offroad' though.

I think Brett meant "Unusually, but some people on BigJimny.com do actually drive their Jimny's off the tarmac " then? ;)

He posted the link this time, as I said I wasn't going to link it from here this time, due to the apathy our blogs have received in the past... just a couple of comments normally :(

I think you'll find many avid readers taking vicarious journeys via your blogs....I for one!....though I don't often comment......got rid of many hours with the blogs and write-ups :-)

I'm not your stalker though....that's another thing altogether :D

More
02 Dec 2016 13:32 - 02 Dec 2016 13:34 #175176 by maverick
See, the thing is ... we have over the last 2-3yrs had a few places going for grabs to come out with us, and generally no one seems to want to join us and be famous in a Bits4Vits BLOG. We have had a couple of "one-offs" but the longest standing attendee is the mad man who lives in LONDON - which is amazing as we generally lane in Wales, Shropshire, Worcestershire, and Cumbria...

I live on the Wirral (that peninsular between Liverpool and North Wales (for our non-UK members); Dave lives in St. Asaph, other friends live in Crewe and Stoke, a guy who lives in South Oxfordshire and some mad bugger who lives in Hackney, London, and a pair of Cumbrian's who live in Carlisle.

We aim to out OFF-ROAD EVERY MONTH.

We ALWAYS have no more than 5 Jimny's in a convoy, n even this year, on our annual weekend trip to the Lake District we had seven people who wanted to drive ... so we split up into two groups - the Scenic Group and the T&S Group.

So, maybe next time I advertise a place 'up for grabs' someone might actually come out ... but maybe I'm dreaming again??!!!

I can't for recall anyone else having OFF-ROAD Trips and asking for volunteers, which bring us (me and Dave) to think does anyone other than us on BigJimny actuall go Laning, or maybe you just do Pay 'n' Play???

Brett

Jalapeño, IISY?
Last edit: 02 Dec 2016 13:34 by maverick. Reason: add

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2016 17:31 #175186 by Daniel30
If I lived closer I would come out every month or more if a place was available

Love the blogs so don't give up posting them, if you don't get a lot of feedback on the forum then that's life, but for the few of us that do comment and enjoy reading and watching the blogs it's really appreciated ;)

More
02 Dec 2016 18:24 #175189 by Keithy
I go laning with a club fairly regular....not much pay'n'play and basically only to see if mods are good/bad...testing really.

Would like to do Strata with you guys...next year?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2016 19:20 #175190 by Daniel30
I would like to go next year if I had a date in the calendar then I could come up for the weekend :)

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds