BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Roof Basket/cage?

• Antelope
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Sep 2016 11:19 #172472 by Antelope
Replied by Antelope on topic Roof Basket/cage?
I've emailed this lot to get a price. Just flat, but good for a softbag.

www.thesuntop.com/_p/prd1/1411978561/pro...zuki-jimny-roof-rack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimnyAU
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2016 17:12 #173716 by JimnyAU
Replied by JimnyAU on topic Roof Basket/cage?
Hi all!

Hope im not resurrecting an old thread but i have a question regarding my roof rails (or lack of). I have a '99 Jimny and it doesn't appear to have any roof rail bolt holes. Ive pulled up the strips that run along the roof and there doesn't appear to be any mounting holes or mounting surface.

So my questions are: How do people mount roof rails? Am i required to remove the roof lining and manually drill holes in the roof? i imagine there is reinforced sections under the interior lining that are suitable for using as mounting points?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Regards.

More
18 Oct 2016 17:19 #173717 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Roof Basket/cage?

JimnyAU wrote: Hi all!

Hope im not resurrecting an old thread but i have a question regarding my roof rails (or lack of). I have a '99 Jimny and it doesn't appear to have any roof rail bolt holes. Ive pulled up the strips that run along the roof and there doesn't appear to be any mounting holes or mounting surface.

So my questions are: How do people mount roof rails? Am i required to remove the roof lining and manually drill holes in the roof? i imagine there is reinforced sections under the interior lining that are suitable for using as mounting points?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Regards.

you should have threaded studs 8 in total unless someone has chopped them off and filled over (hard top)
soft top don't have bars as standard

Jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: JimnyAU

• JimnyAU
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2016 17:23 #173719 by JimnyAU
hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Are the studs under the roof lining (internal) or in the plastic covered strip that runs along the outside of the roof? because i don't actually see any!

thanks again.

More
  • JimnyAU
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2016 17:41 #173721 by JimnyAU
aah i see..

That roof cage is exactly what i have in mind, no rails just fabricate some mounts on the cage. My roof has no external evidence of those mounting points though so i guess ill pull out the lining and see whats inside.

Thanks for the help mate! :)

More
18 Oct 2016 17:48 #173722 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Roof Basket/cage?

JimnyAU wrote: aah i see..

That roof cage is exactly what i have in mind, no rails just fabricate some mounts on the cage. My roof has no external evidence of those mounting points though so i guess ill pull out the lining and see whats inside.

Thanks for the help mate! :)

just found a thread on here saying that they can be removed from inside
so good luck trying to sort it ;)

Jack

More
17 Feb 2019 23:01 #203379 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Roof Basket/cage?

Finally got round to making the one I designed a while back.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds