BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Made in China

More
18 Mar 2016 20:28 #163988 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Made in China
I have an Ignis 4grip for a DD now and I really miss my Chinese 2-DIn head unit.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zukebob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
19 Mar 2016 00:30 #164001 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Made in China
Thanks Rhinoman. Good to know. My head unit should be arriving in about a week.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• CliffAnger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2016 18:33 #164459 by CliffAnger
Replied by CliffAnger on topic Made in China
I wanted some bold Suzuki lettering to go on the lower door plastics and found they were over £20 on ebay - so i tried Aliexpress ....
found just what i wanted they were listed as 80 x 30 and at a foot high I thought they would look fabulous.and only £2.50 delivered - bargain .......3 weeks went by .... then another 3 ..... then a packet arrived .......???
the stickers themselves were top quality - however they were millimetres not centimetres !

i did laugh ! what a muppet !!!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2016 18:47 #164460 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Made in China
Oh know and after all that time :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• CliffAnger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Mar 2016 07:30 #164481 by CliffAnger
Replied by CliffAnger on topic Made in China
Totally my fault though- the advert clearly stated mm rather than cm !

More
16 Jan 2017 02:15 - 16 Jan 2017 02:17 #176874 by NelsonB
Replied by NelsonB on topic Made in China
dear Zukebob,

any news/observations about the rear tire carrier, in off road use and regards suspension sagging, gas mileage, etc?

I noticed in SR performance FB a new version, but looks heavier.

And I still looking for some magic to add an extra tank on jimny. I discover the titan spare tire tank, 45L +7kg (empty)....
regards,

Nelson
Last edit: 16 Jan 2017 02:17 by NelsonB.

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
16 Jan 2017 07:36 #176875 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Made in China
Up to this point I am quite satisfied with how it has handled the load of my spare tire. I would guess it has seen a little over 1000 km of choppy trail with the spare mounted (I typically leave the spare at a base camp when going offroad since we go as a group). Based on speed and corrugation, the trails going back to camp would probably be the worst part in my case. So far I haven't seen any sign of the mount developing any play. If I had a second Jimny, I wouldn't hesitate buying another.

I have seriously considered mounting a (or possibly 2) fuel tanks in place of the spare and relocating the spare to my roof rack. Again, neither would be mounted when I'm on the trails. At this point, I wouldn't worry about doing that, even assuming a heavier but reasonable weight.

As for your other questions, aside from the initial suspension squat that mounting the bumper created, I have seen no additional settling of the vehicle. Neither have I seen any effect on gas mileage. As I waited until the vehicle warranty expired before going offroad, I can't answer whether there is any difference in handling but there was no noticeable difference onroad.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: NelsonB

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds