BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Remap Jimny ecu

• Tony M16a
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2014 13:56 #131501 by Tony M16a
Replied by Tony M16a on topic Remap Jimny ecu
My understanding is that if the 1.6 injectors are used with the 1.3 ECU for a 1.6 conversion the extra fuel delivered will equal out to to engine demands and the ECU will compensate. OK not high tech remapping but seems to work ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tim_jimny53
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2014 18:27 #131538 by tim_jimny53
Replied by tim_jimny53 on topic Remap Jimny ecu
Ok cheers was just a thought as I may kno somebody that does it and could maybe get a discount , got the 1.3 16v dohc it's pretty good as it is :)

More
05 Dec 2014 18:00 #131623 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Remap Jimny ecu

Tony M16a wrote: My understanding is that if the 1.6 injectors are used with the 1.3 ECU for a 1.6 conversion the extra fuel delivered will equal out to to engine demands and the ECU will compensate. OK not high tech remapping but seems to work ok.

#

Most people find it adequate but it will not be accurate.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
05 Dec 2014 18:01 #131624 by Rhinoman

tim_jimny53 wrote: Ok cheers was just a thought as I may kno somebody that does it and could maybe get a discount , got the 1.3 16v dohc it's pretty good as it is :)

Not many people can remap a Suzuki, there is a lot of software available but it only covers the diesel models with the Bosch ECUs.

• jimnynatal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2015 17:52 #157794 by jimnynatal
Replied by jimnynatal on topic Remap Jimny ecu
Hello, Rhinoman!
Have you began this project?
I am swapping my M13 VVT for a M16VVT and don't want to buy a programmable ECU, I would like to reprogram the original Jimny ECU.
Any light on this issue?
[ ]'s

Rhinoman wrote:

oilypirate wrote: surly if the 1.3 ecu is running a 1.6 engine your down on fuel for a start?

The ECU will adapt to some extent but the real problem is that the torque curve is different and that is what the fuelling is based on so the ECU will be continuously trying to adapt. When you put your foot down from low RPM the fuelling will be wrong at the top end. How much you are likely to gain is anyone's guess, as far as I know no-one has ever had one on a dyno. I did a fair bit of work on the G13BB ECU a few years back, when I get my pick-up back on the road I'll run it on the dyno and see how it works out. I plan on fitting an M16 to my 2006 Jimny next year, there should be good gains from that because the VVT will need to remapped to get rid of the big dip in the mid-range.

More
03 Dec 2015 19:48 #157800 by Rhinoman
I got as far as buying some tools and an ECU set but I haven't done any real work on it, my Jimny has been my DD so I haven't done my 1.6 swap yet. My new garage/workshop that was supposed to be finished two years ago is still a work in (very slow) progress.

More
03 Nov 2019 18:14 #215325 by Zapnologica
Replied by Zapnologica on topic Remap Jimny ecu
Silly question,

But how do you even start to re-flash your ecu?

Is there software I can download somewhere that lets you edit the parameters or how does it work?

2015 Suzuki Jimny

4" 100mm Lift
M18A Motor
Crawler Gears
Dual Air Lockers
Lots of mods.

More
03 Nov 2019 20:16 #215331 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Remap Jimny ecu
Zapnologica if this to do with the M18's you've acquired the M13 ecu will work

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds