BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Moving to the Dark Side

• adamatdraycott
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2013 22:43 - 28 Dec 2013 23:35 #97972 by adamatdraycott
Moving to the Dark Side was created by adamatdraycott
I'm affraid I'll be leaving the BigJimny community soon as I have recently ordered a 90 Station Wagon.
Struggling for space, and suzuki refusing to give the uk a diesel version of the jimny has forced the move.

I'll no doubt pop onto the forum in the future, and see some of you at 4x4 shows... The jimny has been a huge part/obsession of my life for the past 4 years!

So if anyone is looking for a mint standard 2004 jimny with every conceivable extra... Including the in-famous bonnet guard, PM me... Bearing in mind the defender isn't due till the end of March

This is certainly not a farewell, but a little sad to think I won't be driving my jimny around soon! :(
Last edit: 28 Dec 2013 23:35 by adamatdraycott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iloveics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2013 23:19 #97992 by iloveics
Replied by iloveics on topic Moving to the Dark Side
Sorry your off mate. Post some pics of the 90 when you get it :)

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2013 23:26 #97997 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Moving to the Dark Side
You should keep the jimny to use when the 90 breaks down :laugh: I'm just kidding, the only thing that out me off a 90 is the cost to buy and insure tbh, I like em and would definatly have one myself if the money situation was different. :)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2013 23:37 #98007 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Moving to the Dark Side
bye

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
29 Dec 2013 05:12 #98021 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Moving to the Dark Side

darthloachie wrote: bye
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: missing you already :P

seriously ... :blink:
you will be missed mate,
you must give us some pics when you finally move to the dark side
and a link the your new "my 90 in the repair shop" forum page

;)

More
29 Dec 2013 08:31 #98028 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Moving to the Dark Side
Have you thought about having a new Wrangler instead of the 90. It's superior in almost every way and always does better in the 4x4 of the year test? It also has things like air bags can you believe, and an auto gearbox!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 09:29 #98036 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Moving to the Dark Side
Have fun with your 90,I hope you like a nice bruised elbow ;) ;)

• adamatdraycott
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 09:59 #98044 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Moving to the Dark Side

Obarno wrote: Have you thought about having a new Wrangler instead of the 90. It's superior in almost every way and always does better in the 4x4 of the year test? It also has things like air bags can you believe, and an auto gearbox!

Looked at quite some depth at the wrangler, decided it was all a bit 'pimp' and the depreciation bought tears to my eyes... Although clean used examples exist. I also liked the idea of roof and doors off in the summer.

I didn't find the driving position too bad in the defender... In fact it was quite similar to the jimny, just much higher and the tiny upright windscreen felt very odd, especially being used to the works people carriers.

I looked at new Jimnys, but I'd be paying a lot to get a scoop on the bonnet and nothing else. A nice pug diesel from standard would be nice. I'm not one for modding cars, especially changing engines.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 10:10 #98047 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Moving to the Dark Side
Is a shame if jimny had been that little bit bigger (say Vitara LWB size) with a diesel as standard and better towing capacity makes you wonder how many more sales it would have made loads i reckon

• adamatdraycott
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 15:19 #98074 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Moving to the Dark Side
If the jimny was of similar proportions to a 90, maybe not quite the workhorse image (I had to spec carpet as even the top spec truck only comes with thin rubber floor coverings) I think Jimnys would sell much better

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 15:23 #98075 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Moving to the Dark Side
just thinking.
If a 90 is the dark side and you need more space. Why not consider a Toyota Land Cruiser, Nissan Patrol or similar Japanese 4x4 ?

• Stan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2013 18:13 #98097 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Re:Moving to the Dark Side
I sold my 90 because of continuous breakages, uj's, bearings, doors and got a Jimny. But my old 97 Prado was some beast. I sunk so much money into the 90 that I'd have kitted out the Prado really well. I'd urge you to reconsider if its not too late, or get well prepared to spend loads of cash.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds