BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jul 2018 06:21 #194674 by Lambert
Not the postman as such but Andrew Pages supply a pair of Pagid front calipers at 81 quid each plus 20 quid surcharge each. No more caliper rebuilding every 6 weeks!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Jul 2018 18:32 #194679 by Riccy

Lambert wrote: Not the postman as such but Andrew Pages supply a pair of Pagid front calipers at 81 quid each plus 20 quid surcharge each. No more caliper rebuilding every 6 weeks!

Thats annoying!, AP have just closed their Carlisle branch (my local), as not enough business. Have they just gone online instead? were always good value :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Lambert
    Registered
More
27 Jul 2018 19:10 #194682 by Lambert
As far as I am aware they've reduced the number of outlets and are streamlining their parts suppliers in line with their sister company eurocarparts. They do have a useful online presence for pricing but I've not had cause to use it for delivery.

More
03 Aug 2018 00:09 #194804 by helijohn
I got two new tyres for my folding bike today. When I fitted them they turned out to be 5mm smaller (each way) than the ones on yet are the same size in theory so I took 'em off. Is it the China syndrome at work where sizing means sod all. If I bought 31-10.5-15 tyres for my motor and they were proportionally this much undersize it would look like a baby buggy. lol

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
03 Aug 2018 04:04 #194806 by Lambert
It's not a China thing as such. Notwithstanding the difference in wear between them when I replaced the Japanese duelers with my French bfg's the difference between the two was almost 12 millimetre bigger to the bfg. I don't mind paying more for them when I am getting physically more stuff!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
24 Sep 2018 09:36 #196235 by Lambert
Today I received a 1292AG-E4R. If you don't speak part number its a lovely shiny red teng tools torque wrench 70 to 350 Nm 15 degree ratchet with opposable 1/2 inch square drive. It's quite the thing.

More
19 Dec 2018 17:41 #199187 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
19 Dec 2018 17:48 #199189 by Riccy
too late to mention it but i have a pair of OMP seats on jimny runners going spare :-)

they look good though, are you going to weld them to the jimny runners?

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

More
19 Dec 2018 18:20 #199190 by jackonlyjack
In a way yes Riccy going to weld box section to the lower jimny seat runner the one what bolts to floor
when i collect them from Sniper....with thanks to j999pre for the donor rails
then bolt them to box section and seat base

might make a new shorter slider handle just in case the one supplied hits my calf's

• CalumRaasay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jan 2019 12:30 - 07 Jan 2019 12:30 #200119 by CalumRaasay
Replied by CalumRaasay on topic What did the postman bring today
From Friday, but a nice surprise post-christmas present from jimnybits arrived a lot earlier than I expected! Fitted it in an hour or so but what a difference it makes. Between that & the wheel balance I had done it's like driving a whole new vehicle.

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jan 2019 12:30 by CalumRaasay.

More
07 Jan 2019 14:09 #200126 by Dirtbird
And a cardboard car lift accessory money well spent I say.

My 1st set of tasks .......

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
07 Jan 2019 18:38 #200131 by Riccy
Some shiny 'Headers' (or an exhaust manifold as I prefer to call it, being British)...

B) B) :evil:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds