BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
04 Jun 2021 13:58 #235600 by Gadget
Throttle controller from Pedalbox.com. Very much a spur of the moment purchase, looking forward to seeing how the car feels with it installed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2021 14:50 #235601 by Soeley
Is yours Auto or Manual? Be interested to see what you think of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
04 Jun 2021 20:39 #235607 by Gadget
Auto, which in theory is the best match for a throttle controller. I'm not a fan from early testing. The increase in throttle sensitivity is ok on the lowest setting, but positively hazardous on the biggest, it's like stamping on the throttle. Might be ok for someone looking for a more responsive throttle, but I quite like the lazy nature of the stock setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Jun 2021 04:27 #235609 by Lambert
It's a response time thing? I was hoping it was more of a throttle position actuator like an electric hand throttle. Though it won't work in mine as I have a cable.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Jun 2021 08:23 #235612 by Gadget
It increases the sensitivity of the throttle, so if normally X mm of travel equals the throttle opening by Y amount, each of the three settings city/sport/sport+ changes it so that X=2Y, 3Y, 4Y. No actual performance improvement, but makes it feel more responsive.

I'd only consider the city setting to be usable, the other two feel dangerous to me. Sport+ feels like you've stamped on the throttle pedal and seems likely to chuck the car through the nearest hedge. Think I'll be disconnecting and selling on at a heavy discount if someone else fancies trying it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
24 Jun 2021 22:43 #236108 by Fossie
A new 4x4 jimny ...fully electric 

it was a tenner incl post ...comes with electric motor just needs 2 batteries ....

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jun 2021 05:30 #236111 by Lambert
Very cool!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Jun 2021 19:26 #236149 by mlines
Not quite the postman.

On the basis of not perhaps an investment but at least a minimal depreciation over the long term, we have invested in a "project" Jimny.

Life's randomness meant we were gazumped from the top of a list by profiteering but then got "the call" from another different dealer where we were further down the list saying that unfortunately for the people above me they were unable to complete the deal so would I like it. The answer could only be yes.

We took delivery today. There will be a warts and all life story here, YouTube and social media.

The first high is that we got one. The first low is that it has thrown an error in the first few miles.

Publishing the error on Facebook drew a response from a Suzuki insider saying it was a known problem with the dealer software not being updated on their diagnostic computer. So they need to update their system and then re-PDI the car.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
26 Jun 2021 11:09 - 26 Jun 2021 11:10 #236158 by Soeley
He brought me some window vents with bug mesh in them.

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2021 11:10 by Soeley.

More
01 Jul 2021 21:08 - 01 Jul 2021 21:09 #236280 by DrRobin
A new Gen 4, fully electric, 4 wheel drive, large travel suspension, Bluetooth, USB charger and smartphone link/control

Top speed is about 3mph on the tarmac, grass or carpet, but it accelerates like a rocket.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jul 2021 21:09 by DrRobin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade, Soeley

More
02 Jul 2021 17:04 #236307 by Scimike
Again not quite the post man, but Chris at Silver Systems made a custom CAT back exhaust for me.
The main goal was to replace the stupid over large rear silencer and stop it hitting the towbar, something that's increasing in frequency due to the appalling state of the roads.
I now have so much clearance I can see bits of the car I have never seen before, it's also a much lighter system, very happy.

The unexpected plus is that the Jimny now sounds purposeful, not loud, sort of JDM / MR2 sports car. Swear it's faster now, as you would expect 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
02 Jul 2021 17:07 #236308 by Riccy
A new fuel tank, courtesy of Martin, to replace my rusty leaking 2006 one...

Many thanks for getting that sent out Martin. It'll mean I can get to the bigjimny meet on less than a full tank of fuel hopefully 

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds