BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2019 21:15 #215227 by G-imny
Replied by G-imny on topic What did the postman bring today
Very nice, I have ordered the light bar switch.........for when I eventually get a light bar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2019 15:58 #215251 by jackonlyjack
Delivery from Opie
Engine and transfer this weekend Jimny
Also my daily driver engine
Attachments:

More
31 Oct 2019 16:52 #215252 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

GF68 wrote: Helijohn please can you share a link to that trolley jack?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
15 Nov 2019 10:51 #215650 by zukebob
My rear end has been attached to my sofa for the past couple of weeks waiting for an arrival. Rear shocks finally came.

If you read this Riccy, I should have asked you a question. Since you have Fox shocks, do you want the decals that came with mine? I don't plan to put them on my Jimny.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
15 Nov 2019 17:56 #215665 by Riccy

zukebob wrote: My rear end has been attached to my sofa for the past couple of weeks waiting for an arrival. Rear shocks finally came.

If you read this Riccy, I should have asked you a question. Since you have Fox shocks, do you want the decals that came with mine? I don't plan to put them on my Jimny.

They look cool. Be keen to know how you get on with them in the back. Ive not finished sorting mine out yet and still need to order longer springs to match them. Have managed to sort out the nitrogen & regulator as well as oil. From emailing Fox ive found out the IFP needs to be bottomed out in the reservoir during the build up (the depth is important to get right). Going to start off with nitrogen at 200psi and see how they feel, good hopefully as the nitrogen, regulator and oil have so far cost more than the shocks themselves!

I would also be interested in your kind offer of the stickers/decals. I want them for the shock body/reservoir rather than the car (just advertising to casual observing thieves to my mind). Obviously some beer tokens will be involved ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
16 Nov 2019 01:10 #215680 by zukebob
Just pm me your address Riccy. I only have 2 since they came with the front and not the rear. I will put both of them in the mail. Since you are rebuilding yours you may want to consider a modification for the front. To keep this related to the thread, I received 2 of these the day before the shock:

I will be having the front modified so that these elbows direct the hose downward rather than straight out like this:

Luckily having the shocks modified here in the Philippines (by the Fox authorized shop) only costs about $11 USD for both. My plan is to mount the reservoirs like this so that I don't have to modify the upper shock mount (don't laugh at the sketch):

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
30 Nov 2019 20:13 #216095 by mlines
Black Friday parcel arrived nice and prompt. Can finally get my transfer box built!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
30 Nov 2019 21:33 #216097 by Gadget
Jimnybits HD front recovery points. These seem to be in demand - got the email that they were back in stock, clicked 'buy' and they were showing as out of stock again!

Built to last like all the other JB stuff. Bolts to both legs of the chassis and has a spreader plate and central securing plate too. Comes in at 9kg with all the fittings.
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2019 21:58 #216098 by Soeley

Gadget wrote: Jimnybits HD front recovery points. These seem to be in demand - got the email that they were back in stock, clicked 'buy' and they were showing as out of stock again!

Built to last like all the other JB stuff. Bolts to both legs of the chassis and has a spreader plate and central securing plate too. Comes in at 9kg with all the fittings.

Snap!

I'm being lazy so I'll use your picture if you don't mind :laugh:

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2019 14:51 #216272 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:What did the postman bring today
Hoping to see some pictures of this fitted (with/without bumper). Wishing you good weather to get it done.
Chris

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Dec 2019 17:45 #216445 by Riccy
An excessivley expensive 'Pacifier' as its known. All im saying is the postie service is taking the piss charging £8 +VAT handling (and plus VAT on the thing itself) :-(

Anyway, it should work well to blank off the airline socket at the back when its not being used...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2019 15:56 #216497 by Reason2doubt
Took delivery of a Diesel 310 rooftop tent from Ox Overland today. I was eager to get it mounted on the car and it looks right at home with my roof rack.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Haven't had a chance to get it open yet but I'll post up some more pictures on a separate thread once I do as it should be quite a sight (seeing as the tent itself is bright orange!).

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds