BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

parts for jimny 660cc K6A JB23W

• themangs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jun 2013 04:16 - 25 Jan 2014 07:11 #73643 by themangs
parts for jimny 660cc K6A JB23W was created by themangs
hi guys im new here,i have just purchased a jimny 660 turbo with K6A twin cam engine,which has a crankshaft problem.its proving nearly impossible to find a crankshaft. as i am trying to rebuild the whole engine,also the same with the gasket sets.is there anyone out there that can show me or tell me a link where i can find parts for this car.i have had this car for 2 months and i cant even drive it.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2014 07:11 by themangs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2013 05:24 - 13 Jun 2013 05:29 #73644 by gilburton
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationDon't think there will be any chance of getting anything in the UK as it was never imported here :(
Is it the same as the cappuccino engine??

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 13 Jun 2013 05:29 by gilburton.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jun 2013 11:25 #73662 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic parts for jimny 660cc 6KA JB23W
No the 'cap' engine isn't the same... i don't know the exact differences but a mate who has a 660 told me.

As said you'll struggle to get parts... i only know of 2 660's in the UK.

Where are you based and also where did you purchase it?

• Dawson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jun 2013 17:33 #73680 by Dawson
Replied by Dawson on topic parts for jimny 660cc 6KA JB23W
All genuine UK Cappuccinos (EA11R) came with the belt driven Suzuki F6A engine, any Capps registered before September 1995 should have this engine. The chain driven K6A powered the JDM-only update (EA21R) but there are definitely some JDMs in this country - whether you can find an EA21R that's being broken and whether the cranks are exactly the same I don't know, but at least an EA21R Cappuccino's engine is the same engine code.

Easiest way to tell the engines apart is the difference in the cam covers - an F6A looks like this:

suzukicars.kamikaze-drive.com/CAPPUCCINO003E.jpg

and a K6A looks like this:

suzukicars.kamikaze-drive.com/CAPPUCCINO004E.jpg

If you know its defnitely the crank shaft you might be better off searching for a part number/finding one on Yahoo Auctions Japan or Rakuten and then speaking to someone like Jesse Streeter (www.jessestreeter.com) to get one imported. Used Jesse loads of times and he's a top guy but you need to know what you're asking for before you get in touch - he won't do hours of searching on your behalf :)

Hope that all helps!

• jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2013 13:52 #73986 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic parts for jimny 660cc 6KA JB23W
i get my Japanese parts and accessories from www.amayama.com there service is great and Justin is very helpful i have had a number of things from him now a very fast service ,my next order is going to be the corner pole for the front bumper

• themangs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2013 14:15 #73990 by themangs
Replied by themangs on topic parts for jimny 660cc 6KA JB23W
i purchased it in cyprus,where they only bought 8 in the country, whitch is not handy,i know in the uk i have not got a chance to find anything.I called the main dealer and when i told him what it was he said does suzuki make a 660 jimny.i was wondering maybe maruti in india maybe able to help me.

• themangs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2013 14:19 #73992 by themangs
jon ur moter is nice mate,when i got mine the wheels on it were 205/65/15s it looks a little low mate can u give me ur tyre specs,because when i sort it its going in some serious muddy places,u will like this they wanted to sell me a suzuki belano engine apparently it goes str8 on the gearbox no probs just need ecu and something for the doors.

• jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2013 07:59 #74462 by jonathan
how you getting on finding the parts did you contact amyama.com about parts themangs ?

• themangs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2013 07:37 #74552 by themangs
Jonathan i sorted another engine,that website was saying the y could not recognize the vin number,i took the crank to re engineer it but he said that it was too far gone.i was lucky yesterday mate i founda good 2nd hand 1. 400 euro getting that put in,see if i can find a 2nd hand crank for this one to make 2 engines.by the way i don't know if u know yahoo auctions in japan has loads of parts for this engine.

• jonathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2013 07:48 #74554 by jonathan
my tyre size is the same as yours

• gobingo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2016 11:34 #165976 by gobingo
Replied by gobingo on topic parts for jimny 660cc K6A JB23W
Hello Any body where to buy this item Snorkel For JB23W 660cc JImny Thanks
Attachments:

More
29 Nov 2022 08:27 #246150 by ryanchapman
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to leave some references here of places you can find parts for JB23W Suzuki Jimny and other imported variants.

megazip.net - oem parts, very good for finding part numbers too.
kakapart.com - great tool for cross-referencing part numbers.
spareto.com - for finding some parts by part number
ftonline.co - if you can't find something anywhere else use the chat option on here, they specialize in exporting parts from japan.

I hope this helps someone out!

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds